Min Fee Release Clauses

Hello

Ive been playing in the spanish leagues and ive noticed issues with the min fee release clauses that i would like to discuss. The problem(s) is thus: I dont believe the AI calculates the min fee clause demand in a way that is fair on the buyer, and I dont believe the min fee cluase is negotiable enough.

To deal with the second point first as it is clearer: When trying to negotiate a min fee release clause, which are of course compulsory in spain, the AI presents a figure and is often reluctant to move from this figure unless you offer big increases on wage demands or agent fees. I feel this is both unrealistic and unfair on the buyer.

It also ties in well with the first point i made - the min fee's wanted are often way off value. I have two differing examples. Firstly is bringing a player to the club. I signed a player for cheap, with the intention of building up his rep to sell him on. The problem was his min fee clause wanted was 220k, only 4.5x what i had paid for him. This may not sound like a problem, but the stats of the player suggested a player worth millions, and if i pressed with this contract and demands i would surely lose out - he was also asking for 20k a week, which would mean after less than 3 months i would have spent more in his wages than i could ever recieve for his fee. this points to an issue with the AI and min fee calculation.

Second example involves a player signing a new contract at the club. I had let this chaps contract run down to 3 months to go by mistake. Under normal circumstances his game value was probabyl around £6-7M, and this obviously dropped dramatically due to the ending of contract. I think it was about £1.3M at the time i offered a new contract. The problem in this scenario was that this player insisted of a min fee clause of a mere £5M or so. Once again this demonstrates an issue in the calculation of the min fee clause request, as his normal value was probably above the min fee clause, and his value to me was more again.

So in short:

1) Min fee clauses arent negotiable enough

2) They arent calculated properly

And as an aside i dont rate the negotiation system at all. its a pain in the ass.

Its just another one of those features that will get better with the next version. You'll just have to use the workaround of giving the player/agent a higher fee so that you can increase it to something more reasonable.... I have had to do this with a few players who have demanded a release clause in Italy. Although it did result in me losing a world class CB i signed for 2.7mil going for £15mil when i'm pretty sure he's gonna become a world class CB.

Archived