Finished 10th and got manager of the year.

Has anyone else had this, I started a new game with West ham and after being expected to fight agansit releagtion, I spent all season in mid table finishing 10th and getting manager of the year for the season.

Anyone else had this.

Not me personally, but in one season I finished second in the Premier League with Manchester United with a semi-pro reputation, and I wasn't in the final 3 managers of the season. Instead it was the league winning manager (forget who it was), Mick McCarthy in 2nd (managed Wolves to 8th), and Owen Coyle in 3rd who managed Bolton to 11th. Just ridiculous IMHO.

Not me personally, but in one season I finished second in the Premier League with Manchester United with a semi-pro reputation, and I wasn't in the final 3 managers of the season. Instead it was the league winning manager (forget who it was), Mick McCarthy in 2nd (managed Wolves to 8th), and Owen Coyle in 3rd who managed Bolton to 11th. Just ridiculous IMHO.

Okay, I'll bite, finishing 2nd with Man Unt, regardless of your reputation, won't and shouldn't win you any awards. That said, irl, usually the EPL winning managers win the award so it's a bit unrealistic to have managers of teams finishing in mid table winning it as in the case with the OP.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premier_League_Manager_of_the_Year

It's not ridiculous Suzie. It's based on how well you've done throughout the season. If you were expected to finish first in the league and finished second then you've under achieved. It doesn't matter about your reputation. McCarthy and Coyle got second and third because the teams they were managing Woles and Bolton respectively were probably expected to finish in the bottom half or near the relegation spots. Were the team that came first expected to finish first? If not then that's why that manager got first.

I can understand why you got Manager of the year/Season Stevio.

Okay, I'll bite, finishing 2nd with Man Unt, regardless of your reputation, won't and shouldn't win you any awards. That said, irl, usually the EPL winning managers win the award so it's a bit unrealistic to have managers of teams finishing in mid table winning it as in the case with the OP.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premier_League_Manager_of_the_Year

I'm pretty sure Roy Hodgson won a similar award when finishing mid table. May have been a different version of that award though.

edit: here it is, looks like the LMA equivalent, although I'm not sure that features in FM.

There are 2 awards, seeing as in FM I've never voted for this I have to assume it's not the managers that vote in the FM version.

Yes your spot on, never come across a voting option in the game so it must be automated by the coding in the game, for that it can be flawed with regards to ending up 10TH and winning nothing, I would log it in the bug's section.

Looks like IRL the sponsor's award almost always goes to the champions, unless someone really over-achieves.

The other award is voted by the managers and is much more interesting, so that's the one we get in the game. So...

a) we should get to vote in it.

b) It just doesn't work. (Although how you would define "most over achieving manager" I don't know.)

Dafuge, that is the LMA award. Gone to Moyes several times in the past along with guys liem Hodgson.

The LMA isn't implemented in FM but I see the 'Manager of the Year Award' as a cross between the LMA and Manager of the Year in as much as it often goes to the overperforming team or the team who win the league.

I have the opposite problem that I take a relegation based team well up the table and don't get MotY - not even a sniff! Also have the same problem with (Young) Player of the Month/Year with a player with 4 goals and 8.5 being beaten to the top spot with a guy who played 2 less games, didn't score and had an avg of 7 or so!

I won the league in my game but didn't get the award, because the Peterborough boss got it for finishing 11th. I'm not complaining, he has over-achieved as they were predicted to finish 19th, whilst I did exactly what was expected.

Perhaps the game does weight it too much towards over-achieving managers, but I just choose to ignore it and cout the trophies rather than the awards.

Archived