Game uninstalled, SI folders deleted but profiles, name, fav club info all retained.

Hi Guys,

How is that possible?

I installed Lion and had the perfect excuse to re-install and start a new game (Aston Villa for 8 seasons), when I saw that FM11 encountered an error when opening.

This was before I knew about the compatibility patch and I thought re-installing would solve the problem - I still needed the 11.3 compatibility patch.

And I just have this urge to understand this;

How is it possble that;

Under your managerial profile, every detail is retained? After having removed all SI folders in my documents, in my apps folder (installed through DVD)?

Even the leagues I had selected previously, (28 leagues, 3 playable) were there too.

If there had been some kinda of .dat or database file saved previously, how is this fresh install of fm11 able to call uopn the file?

I'm really just curious.. Anyone knows where the data is stored? Understand this has nothing to do with the coolest game of all time!

*P.S: I had installed via STEAM, removed it cause I couldn't locate the INC folder, no matter where I looked. Still, all those details in my profile and league selection are there!

I know that on a PC this information is retained in a hidden folder called AppData. It's possible there is a folder on the Mac where these settings are also stored.

Oh, nice...

So it might be.. in one of those.. "systems" or "shared" folders.. and the new installed game simple calls to that default folder. Let me hunt for it.

Thanks for the quick pointer!

Anyone knows where the hell is that elusive, silky foldeR?

Archived