Show player onto weaker foot

Pre match in opposition instructions I always "Ask Assistant" as a template and then adjust accordingly, but I always notice he advises to force the majority of the opposition midfield and strikers to be shown onto their weaker foot which I just leave once its been set.

I play the match in 2D mode and quite often notice when an opposing player is running or has the ball that my players then track them for ages throughout the opposingplayers run (can sometimes run 30 yards) or so, and hes right nexto to him but just runs along side him whilst I scream "PUT A FOOT IN, TACKLE HIM" at the monitor.

Would because I have the weaker foot instruction set be the reason why and hes just trying to force them wide?

I have noticed this as well and it is very frustrating watching your player just watch him run at him without doing anything at all.

I have noticed that a lot of players DO put the tackle in but a lot of times as well they don't and just watch the player they are tracking. I'd like to know why they don't put any kind of tackle in as well.

Pre match in opposition instructions I always "Ask Assistant" as a template and then adjust accordingly, but I always notice he advises to force the majority of the opposition midfield and strikers to be shown onto their weaker foot which I just leave once its been set.

I play the match in 2D mode and quite often notice when an opposing player is running or has the ball that my players then track them for ages throughout the opposingplayers run (can sometimes run 30 yards) or so, and hes right nexto to him but just runs along side him whilst I scream "PUT A FOOT IN, TACKLE HIM" at the monitor.

Would because I have the weaker foot instruction set be the reason why and hes just trying to force them wide?

No neccessarily. I see that too a lot in my players, and I very rarely use OIs.

It's the tactics.

Players do that when they have defensive mentalities and/or low closing down instructions as well as a deep defensive line.

There are other factors as well, of course. The player's aggression, tackling, bravery, preferred moves (stands on feet, lack of "dives into tackles"). The opposing player's skill, speed and technique. The player's morale and motivation - poorly motivated players tend to be less aggressive.

closing down...

the more you tell them to close down, the more likely they are to tackle higher up the pitch :thup:

I have all my player's set to an individual closing down instruction and just alter my team-setting to increase the closing-down settings and it works fine.

• 4 weeks later...
closing down...

the more you tell them to close down, the more likely they are to tackle higher up the pitch :thup:

I have all my player's set to an individual closing down instruction and just alter my team-setting to increase the closing-down settings and it works fine.

I do this myself as well and seems to work better than doing it through the team setting. This way you can control each player on how much or how little closing down you want them to do rather than as a whole team.

Archived