Development/Confusion

I have a very good young player who has been developing nicely. He's now a first choice striker so is playing in most games. He's scored nine goals in his last nine games and has been performing superbly yet a load of his stats have just dropped. He's lost eight points! He's lost a point in finishing, first touch, technique, stamina and work rate. He's being coached by 4 or 5 star coaches. I checked with FMRTE and his professionalism is very high, his determination is high, his work rate is decent and he has an excellent PA. His training regime is focused on pretty much all the attributes that have dropped.

Does anybody really have a clue what is going on? Or is it all just speculation?

Edit - I forgot to add that his professionalism is high as well.

Sounds like he might be burnt out, sometimes if you play a young player in a lot of games they can burn out and a number of their stats will drop. I'm not sure what the best solution is other than to play them in less games, just enough so that they can develop but not too many that they're overworked.

Sounds like he might be burnt out, sometimes if you play a young player in a lot of games they can burn out and a number of their stats will drop. I'm not sure what the best solution is other than to play them in less games, just enough so that they can develop but not too many that they're overworked.

Is that just speculation or is it official?

This happens to my players sometimes. Maybe the player is at his maximum CA and some hidden attributes have increased or maybe his weaker foot has increased, and to keep the CA balanced some of his attributes have gone down. I don't use FMRTE or anything though so I can't really check my players hidden stats.

There are many factors that could influence that. I can think of a few:

* It is towards the end of the season and some of your players are becoming tired.

* They are having issues with something, but haven't become "concerned" yet. This could be your team talks, press conferences, his wages are too low because he is playing regularly on a "hot prospect" or "backup" squad status and will soon demand a new contract - but as of now it isn't official yet, squad harmony has dropped... yeah you can see the amount of issues which could cause this.

I wouldn't worry too much about it if it's a blip in an otherwise steady progression...

check the training graphs out, he might have only dropped a quarter of a point but as its out of 200 not 20 the round-up could be one less now.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay. I quit my last club to join Real M. I have the best coaching staff etc. I signed a quality young center back and in 6 months he's lost eight points for absolutely no reason what so ever, that I can see.

No, not injured, ever. Winning game after game after game and playing well with a high morale. A good pro. There is no sensible reason why this is happening. Eight points for goodness sake! The guy is in free fall and Other people are developing just fine. The thing is, I've signed him before and I've done nothing differently since the last time as I do the same training on every save, but occasionally a player just decides that all his stats are going to drop for no fathomable reason.

He lost four points last month so I spoke to the player and told him to pull his finger out, he agreed and said he would sort it out. Morale still excellent. So he loses another four points in the next month. Thats a combined total of eight points in two months. Morale still excellent. It's getting silly now, he's 21 and his stats have declined like he's 41.

It just doesn't add up. I've never seen stats drop like that in 60 seasons of this game, especially at a top club, with top staff and facilities.

Edit - No he isn't jaded or 'burnt out' either.

Okay. I quit my last club to join Real M. I have the best coaching staff etc. I signed a quality young center back and in 6 months he's lost eight points for absolutely no reason what so ever, that I can see.

No, not injured, ever. Winning game after game after game and playing well with a high morale. A good pro. There is no sensible reason why this is happening. Eight points for goodness sake! The guy is in free fall and Other people are developing just fine. The thing is, I've signed him before and I've done nothing differently since the last time as I do the same training on every save, but occasionally a player just decides that all his stats are going to drop for no fathomable reason.

He lost four points last month so I spoke to the player and told him to pull his finger out, he agreed and said he would sort it out. Morale still excellent. So he loses another four points in the next month. Thats a combined total of eight points in two months. Morale still excellent. It's getting silly now, he's 21 and his stats have declined like he's 41.

It just doesn't add up. I've never seen stats drop like that in 60 seasons of this game, especially at a top club, with top staff and facilities.

Edit - No he isn't jaded or 'burnt out' either.

First thing to tell us is what attributes actually fell... and then tell us what your training schedule is for it. I'm guessing that the points are dropping in areas that you aren't training for the position that the player plays.

First thing to tell us is what attributes actually fell... and then tell us what your training schedule is for it. I'm guessing that the points are dropping in areas that you aren't training for the position that the player plays.

Well you've guessed wrong. He's a center back on fairly high defensive training who has lost stats in positioning, tackling and strength, to name but a few. The way his training regime is set up makes no sense to the stat loss. It seems this has nothing to do with his training.

Archived