Another question about 'being trained by club' status

Well seeing as the 'trained at club' status requires the player to be OWNED by YOUR CLUB for 3 YEARS prior to his 18th birthday, he wont get the 'trained at club' status just because you had him for 6 months under the age of 18.

He would however be 'trained in nation' providing he's been at an English club for 3 years under 18.

• 2 weeks later...

okay another question about HG status.

If i make an offer for a player when he's 16 or 17 and for whateva reason it can only go through when he's 18 and the transfer goes through like 2 months after he's 18 because his b'days at a time when the transer windows not open will he still get 'trained by club' status?

If i make an offer for a player when he's 16 or 17 and for whateva reason it can only go through when he's 18 and the transfer goes through like 2 months after he's 18 because his b'days at a time when the transer windows not open will he still get 'trained by club' status?

no he wont, he must be at your club for the rule to take effect.

Cunning Linguist

Well seeing as the 'trained at club' status requires the player to be OWNED by YOUR CLUB for 3 YEARS prior to his 18th birthday,

Cant really explain it more than that. If you dont actually recieve the player until his 18th birthday (or after), you havent actually owned him, regardless of when you put the offer in. He needs to be on YOUR books. But he isnt on YOUR books until he actually signs for you and appears in your squad.

Archived