Suggestion: FM Handheld to become FM Light

FM Handheld is more true to the old style games than the current incarnations of FM. It's not over bloated with features, it's not as much of a time sink and you don't spend 10 times as long between matches than you do in the match itself.

There have been calls for years for a simplified version of the game, or the ability to turn off certain features, so I believe there is a demand. Not to mention pulling back some of those customers who have opted for one of FMs rival products because of the current FM development.

If FM Handheld already exists as a cut down version of FM, why not make it cross-platform, re-brand it as FM Light and see how well it does? Surely can't hurt too much to give it a shot?

Thoughts and opinions welcome.

I'm still of the opinion that if you really don't want the new features then just stick to playing an older version of the game. For a number of them there is database updates available to match current transfers and relegation/promotion.

There's a big difference between playing an old version and playing a less feature bloated latest version. Bug fixes, updated match engine and changes in core game mechanics for example.

And I'm sure SI would rather make a bit of money off providing it rather than people just using data updates for older versions, so presents an opportunity for them too. Or at least a trial?

There's a big difference between playing an old version and playing a less feature bloated latest version. Bug fixes, updated match engine and changes in core game mechanics for example.

Exactly CP, plus the latest researched data. :thup:

Some people are kind of missing the point that you are making, I feel.

I can't see SI making enough money off of it, I would have thought anyone who's not apart of the community would look at it in a shop and think 'Well, why would I get FM light when I could get the fancier, better version". If they could make it cheap enough where they could sell it for like half the price then maybe, but I just can't see enough profit.

i think this would be a brilliant idea, for the "casual" gamers who dont want to spend hours getting into a game, or the old school fm'ers who want that "fun" factor back, the latest fm's have just been too overloaded with things that either dont work properly, are repetitive and boring, or just detract from the FUN that playing FM is supposed to bring (I would provide a list of things, but im fairly sure that we all know what im talking about) :D

id get this game happily, great idea!

I would love a version of cm01/02 with new features. I still churn out a season or two everynow and then. Just simple things like:

-Attributes categorised

-Feeder Clubs

-Updated competition rules

-Stadium construction

-Training system

-New EU countries

-New International Countries

-Newgens

-Compensation for managers

-Player attributes and contracts

This would make the game immense. Wibble wobble ftw.

Don't worry, no-one else played any other games on it either, because it's crap.

It's not a handheld system at all, it's an easily transportable console. They completely missed the point with it.

They then remedied that with the PSP Go, but then forgot that making no games for a console is a bad thing...

Archived