Need some help here...

So I'm managing Nottingham Forest and I'm just into my second season in the Premier League (third in total) and I've played five games.

In pre-season I signed (deep breath): Johan Elmander, Gary Hooper, Sean Davis, Seb Larsson, Steven Caulker (on loan) and Philippe Senderos to try and stop the problems of last season.

I'm currently playing 4-3-1-2 and I cannot score one on ones for the life of me. (My winner against West Ham was a 35 yard volley).

This season, so far, I've lost 4 games (against Arsenal 3-0, Liverpool 1-0, Reading 1-0 and Stoke 3-0) and I've beaten West Ham 2-1-which puts me 18th.

My questions are these:

How do I stop the losses?

How do I beat the big boys?

How do I score one on ones?

With a team such a Forest, and the players they have and you have bought, it is still going to be tough in the prem. Investing in some good scouts, and signings some good quality young players on the cheap to sell on later for big profits is the first major step towards a push up the table.

Keeping yourself in the prem is your number 1 priority though, so tactical changes need to be addressed sooner rather than later. Forest, along with the players you have signed are good enough for around 12th-14th in the league each season.

Take a look at GoalsGalore on FM-base website as a possibility if u have the players to suit the formation. If not there are several good alternatives on there, unless you would prefer to create you own.

Scarykarl Thanks for that. It has been a bit of a slog, trying to stay in the division. I just know that my strikers are good enough to score 10-15 goals a season but they just don't seem to want to.

Archived