FM 2010 Match engine V FM 2011 Match engine

Which do you prefer and why?

Personally i prefer the FM2010 ME so much so i've gone back to playing it, it just seems so much more fluid than FM2011 players make better decisions players step up and make interceptions aggressive players get stuck in.

Maybe some would see FM2010's ME as robotic and players stick to manager instructions too much but i see plenty of variety.

I'd just like to get other people's views and gauge opinion as i believe personally the ME is the most important aspect of the game.

For me the FM11 ME is miles ahead of the 10 version. Defending so much better, pressing and closing down so much better. Attacking wise their seems to be a lot more variety in terms of movement, goals scored etc.

For me the FM11 ME is miles ahead of the 10 version. Defending so much better, pressing and closing down so much better. Attacking wise their seems to be a lot more variety in terms of movement, goals scored etc.

Maybe its my experience of the game, i'd developed a team with such a high reputation in FM2011 and i just found it stiffled every game, by negative systems and overly aggressive OI's from the AI which i found unrealistic, i mean every one of my players man marked meaning it was impossible to pass the ball out of defense.

I've gone back to FM2011 with a team with a similiar reputation, a old save game and i'm enjoying it much more, watching the games in full hightlights and the decisions the players make are just much better, no forward options? ok we'll pass backwards and my FM2011 stats wise we're much better than the fm2011 side.

I just find personally my players on fm2010 play to both my instructions and their attribute aswell.

Archived