hi can anbody advise of this problem im trying to connect my laptop to my tv iv'e got the correct cable and selected the appropriate av channel on my tv but im not getting any picture/signal any clever people to advise a technophobe what im doing wrong?

Are you connecting with HDMI? If so ensure that you're on the HDMI selection. It's a straight forward video output method so as long as you've connected it properly it should be working fine

hi mate thanks for your prompt reply i have a 3month old tv and 6 month old laptop with the cable plugged into the blue ports on both and when i go on tv i thought i needed to be on the channel where it says pc in the top corner but when i do this it's still saying no signal for some reason any idea's?

If you've got Windows 7 press the Windows key and 'P' simultaneously, it should bring up a pop-up. You can choose computer only, duplicate, extend or projector only. Select duplicate or projector only and it should come onto your TV - Make sure you have your TV set to 'PC'.

If you've got Windows 7 press the Windows key and 'P' simultaneously, it should bring up a pop-up. You can choose computer only, duplicate, extend or projector only. Select duplicate or projector only and it should come onto your TV - Make sure you have your TV set to 'PC'.

that's cracked thanks very much fella's amazed at how prompt and helpful people are on these forums :)

No worries - I had to work this out for myself due to breaking my laptop screen. Any ideas what caused this? :D

spoke to soon mate the internets coming on-on the tv but when i click on footy manager im having the same problem can i not have both open at same time???

you would need to set it to dual outputs if you want your laptop screen AND the tv screen showing different stuff.

not what i meant mate sorry i want to be able to browse the internet one minute with fm in background then left click on bottom corner to come off internet and carry on playing fm on tv.

please somebody help me sort this as i'd love to be able to play fm on big tele tonight!! like iv'e said previously i can get internet to show up on tv but when i try and get fm-nothing just black screen please help!!!!

please somebody help me sort this as i'd love to be able to play fm on big tele tonight!! like iv'e said previously i can get internet to show up on tv but when i try and get fm-nothing just black screen please help!!!!

The screen resolution mite need tweaking on ya tv

i've just done this myself woohoo ! $10 hdmi cable reduced from $40. plugged in 1 end on the laptop and the other to the back of the hdtv. switched tv source to htmi 1 and instant success :)

wonder how fm2011 works on it now

Just a note for any future buyers, when it comes to HDMI cables get the cheapest available, don't get roped in to paying extra for **** like golden plated ends because there is absolutely no noticeable difference in quality. The fact that people still get conned in to buying cables for £30 when a £3 HDMI will work just as well is quite amusing.

Just a note for any future buyers, when it comes to HDMI cables get the cheapest available, don't get roped in to paying extra for **** like golden plated ends because there is absolutely no noticeable difference in quality. The fact that people still get conned in to buying cables for £30 when a £3 HDMI will work just as well is quite amusing.

gotta agree mate mine only cost £3 and it works fine on my big super duper tv!!

• 3 weeks later...

FM2011 looks massive on my hdtv. Yes it is as simple as plugging your HDMI cable intot he side of your laptop and then into the back of your tv. Then use your remote and select the HDMI channel source. And there you go, whatever is on your laptop screen will be on your tv screen

I also do this with my PC using the blue cable. My TV recognises my computer automatically. No restart required. But then again its always connected. If you computer is already on then connect the cable, it will most likely require a restart. Either that of if your on a laptop, hold the FN key and press F5.

Archived