My Idea of an additional update system for FM12

Right,i have for a long time had an idea of how Football Manager could be improved, apologies if someone has already came up with this idea.

At present FM updates its database 3 times a season. In this update just the data is updated. Is it possible for SI to create a new type of update. To make it easier il give you an example.

Update done is based on all data being collected and updated to the 31st January 2012 An update comes out that users can download. Instead of downloading and the game starting in July, would anyone else appreciate starting on the 31st,mid season. At this moment, all games played in real life, all injuries,stats from in the games recorded would be there. It would bring a greater sense of realism to the game mid season.

I am sorry for the poor way it has been communicated but i hope someone understands my point.

When starting a new game with a midseason data update, I always start the game from a date as close as I can to when the data lockoff point was by selecting an extra view-only league that starts near that date. I think being able to start a game with midseason stats and league placings as close to real life as possible would be a great idea.

Archived