FMH vs champ for psp

I was just wondering if any of you on here have also owned/played champ psp and how u thought they compared.

I bought the original psp ver when it came out last year coz it was all that was available, traded it in about a week after buyin it coz a thought it was mince.

Personally, I think FMH is so much better.

Would fully reccomend u buy it.

Game play is phenomonal, the battery lasts for ages and loading/processing times are great.

Thought it was a bit wide n'all that they released another ver of champ just before we got the real game. really put a dent in the trade in value of the original.

anyway let me know wot u think.

l8r.

I was just wondering if any of you on here have also owned/played champ psp and how u thought they compared.

I bought the original psp ver when it came out last year coz it was all that was available, traded it in about a week after buyin it coz a thought it was mince.

Personally, I think FMH is so much better.

Would fully reccomend u buy it.

Game play is phenomonal, the battery lasts for ages and loading/processing times are great.

Thought it was a bit wide n'all that they released another ver of champ just before we got the real game. really put a dent in the trade in value of the original.

anyway let me know wot u think.

l8r.

championship manager is not the best name now anyway due to it now being the name of only the second tier of english football, they bought the new names in at the perfect time to show the change in football management games! lol

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hucknall_Elv:

Lol, yeah perfect timing.

So we're all agreed:

Football Manager is Chelsea icon14.gif

Championship Manager is Vauxhall Motors icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

FM is far classier than chelsea icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Los Rojiblancos®:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hucknall_Elv:

Lol, yeah perfect timing.

So we're all agreed:

Football Manager is Chelsea icon14.gif

Championship Manager is Vauxhall Motors icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

FM is far classier than chelsea icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah how you compare FM in general to Chelsea, FM doesnt cheat or dive icon_wink.gif

but in all seriousness FM does not even compare to Championship Manager, its new features for cm2006 inlcude being able to offer players to other teams, ha,

Couldn't possibly comment on CM2006, but compared to the old one, FMH, even without 2d match screens, the ability to exchange players, I feel is a fair superior game. The match engine, the stats and the ease of use, is far more rewarding. Since the split the FM series has had and will always have the upper hand....no matter the format........thanks for a great game.....shame the wife doesn't agree. icon_wink.gif

Come on chaps.

You know it's ridiculous to ask that question here.

It's like when the 'Gadget Show' on CH5 did a survey on how important the internet was to people in relation to other gadgets...but where did they do this survey? ON THE INTERNET. icon_rolleyes.gif

• SI Staff

I'm very pleased that you're all enjoying the game ... however please bear in mind that I'd prefer it if everyone stuck to discussing our games in this forum and tried to avoid slagging off products made by other companies.

Simply put it takes a lot of time and effort to create a computer game and I'd prefer people to post as constructively as possible rather than simply attack a product whether one of ours or one created by another company.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone. I'm a long time CMer then FMer. I've been playing since CM3 and have never looked back. After the split I prefered the FM games to the CM. I'm just about to venture into the handheld world. I have ordered the game online and should get it in a day or two hopefully. I just have some questions about it in comparison to CMPSP

Just from the reviews I've read it seems that CMPSP managed to cram a lot more into their game thanFM handheld. It has more playable leagues, more players, 2D match engine and the save game is about 3 times as big I think, so there must be more data being saved. I'm not trying to slag of FM at all, FM is still the game I chose to buy cause it is clear it is more enjoyable to play, however I was just wondering why CM managed to fit more in. Maybe I'm just completely wrong, maybe its to improve loading times, I don't know. Just thought I'd put my thoughts on here, and you guys can educate me.

Anyway, cant wait for it to arrive, I'm gonna be posting a lot more on here once it does!

• SI Staff

To answer "masked fish" - I believe that CM PSP is a direct port more or less of their PS based console game, FMH is one the other hand a brand new game and isn't aimed at being the 'same' as FM on PC - its a more pick up and play experience akin to our earlier games.

With regards to data etc. for our first outing the more important thing was to get the game as playable, fun and realistic as possible rather than aiming to cram it chock full of stuff .... the game will evolve in future versions as with our PC based games ... more on that obviously as its release gets closer (its still a long long way off at present obviously).

i'm not sure that FM handheld is a "brand new game". It is just CM1 with fancy graphics.

text only commentary is the same,

transfer system is the same,

no international management is the same,

managing in only one country is the same,

youth team players getting automatically promoted is the same, tactics are dealt with in the same way.

only real differences are a more complex database with more stats and training for players. you can't even fine players in FM handheld which you could do in CM1.

• 2 weeks later...

Champ manager was absolutely awful for me. I couldn't do anything but 0-0 or 1-0's. My reserves drew their first 10games 0-0 no joke, I gave up with it. I don't know if the copy was faulty or something.

I agree with Mr Vaughan. It is more just pick up and play. With the champ manager games, i spent hours making notes, and consulting forums to be the best, but with FMH, i can just play it on the train, or in my hotel (if im away) and get maximum enjoyment from it. Well done SI!!

Archived