Help, major goalkeeping issue

Playing FM10 lower league Italy and all my goalkeepers apart from a poor 16 year old youth are long term injured. It is outside the transfer window, I am overspent on my wage budget and the board will only allow wages of £100 pw for any out of contract purchases.

Does the game make any allowances for the fact I don't have any fit goalkeepers and let me get a loan in somehow or am I stuffed. Especially as I am predicted to finish 13th but have just been on a unbeaten run that saw me top of the league. (Just slipped to 3rd as I lost my last match 2-0 and my 3rd choice keeper played after an injection)

Thanks for that. Looks like I am in the **** then!!! Only shipped 9 goals in 10 games so far this season with 5 clean sheets but perhaps that's about to change.....time to review my defensive tactics methinks!

Thanks for that. Looks like I am in the **** then!!! Only shipped 9 goals in 10 games so far this season with 5 clean sheets but perhaps that's about to change.....time to review my defensive tactics methinks!

Yep. Time for your defence to step up and protect this young, inexperienced GK. Try and reduce their long-shots and crosses by closing down a lot. Easier said than done...

Archived