FMH for Android

Marc,

Please consider developing an Android app of FMH. I just got an Android phone and would love to waste, I mean spend, my commute time winning the Premiership with Q.P.R. After about 5 game years. Seriously, the operating system for phone and tablets are very popular on this (American) side of the pond. The football sims availbable currently seem primative to anyone used to Football Manager.

Help!

Looking at the amount of threads started asking for FMH to come to Android side you would have thought someone would look further into this. The interest is there and I'm sure it would make as much money for the developers as it does on the iphone/ipad/ipod touch. I'm not technically minded but surely if it can be developed for the iphone it should be developed for the android side too.

don't know what happened with sigames, but looks not good... we still wait for fm 2012 announcement.. i start to ask me, "maybe this is the end of football manager series?" i liked to play football manager live, left it 1-2 years ago and wanted to play again, but then... football manager live is closed. :eek: was shocked.. i had fmh on my iphone, played long time and now i bought an android phone (Samsung Galaxy S) = with fmh it would be much better. :) playing Football Manager on PC is OUT! i don't play pc games anymore, im now 27 and too old for this, but Football Manager for phones/handheld is the future. i think Sigames would make big profit, when they put fm 2012 in the ANDROID MARKET, im the first BUYER!!! Pls Sigames. :) (srry for my bad english^^) best regards from Germany

• SI Staff
we still wait for fm 2012 announcement.. i start to ask me, "maybe this is the end of football manager series?

Every year people wait impatiently for an announcement of the new seasons version; we tend to traditionally do these announcements reasonably close to the games release.

The reason for this is simply that it avoids speculation and hype building up - if we announced the new version 'now'; several months before the games release people would obviously expect us to talk somewhat about new features etc. to be present in the game ..... problem is the games development isn't completed yet so we'd be talking about things which aren't finished.

This could easily lead to inaccuracies and misleading people not by intent but because the game wasn't completed and evolved differently to our original expectations; not putting word into the mouths of the other teams here but every version of a game I've worked upon has ended up slightly differently to my original vision for it - sometimes a feature I thought would 'work' just didn't feel right once it was prototyped and so was junked*, sometimes a small throwaway feature works so well its refined and evolved until its one of the center-pieces for a version** .... its this evolution imho which makes a game great, forcing it to fit a mould just because its been announced in PR would hurt the products - as such its better to announce them when they're feature complete and we know whats in them imho.

*The assistant manager feedback in FM PC first reared its head in a prototype version of CM01-02 as a seperate line of commentary on the main page. It didn't quite 'work' and felt distracting from the main game commentary (remember there was no 2d/3d pitch back then).

**The 'media' and 'player personalities' in the games started life as a few small items put into CM99-00 and CM00-01 and evolved considerably as time went on as I realised people liked them as much as I did :D

think Sigames would make big profit, when they put fm 2012 in the ANDROID MARKET, im the first BUYER!!! Pls Sigames.

As I've said before I like the concept of expanding out the platforms which the handheld games appear upon (ie. Android and various other platforms); however please do bear in mind that the handheld development team is rather 'compact' in nature and as such any potential expansion will be gradual and as such you'll have to be patient with us.

In the last couple of years we've already shifted from just PSP to iTouch/iPhone and now to also support iPad in last years version, considering our coding team is only two people we're already fairly busy ;)

Archived