The most interesting player in my save

This is Kevin Canning. I noticed him when I was England U21s manager. At the time he was scoring for fun in League 2 for Bury. I decided to call him up because the strikers I usually call up were out of form and he repaid my faith by scoring on his debut. I honestly doubt that an AI manager would have called up a League 2 striker no matter how many times he scored.

kevin1j.png

kevin2p.png

kevin3g.png

Whats interesting to me about him is the fact that someone as talented as him was sitting in league 2. After I became england manager, I decided to give him a call up to the senior squad and he played well. In fact he played so well that I included him in the world cup squad. He ended up scoring 3 goals in the world cup including one against italy in the semifinal. And all of this happened while he was still at Bury!

Newcastle signed him but he sat in the reserves for them. They got relegated, he left for stoke, and now he is tearing it up for them in the championship.

Honestly I would have signed him if not for the fact that I have so many strikers already.

Its not everyday you find a player, who has only 4 appearances in a top league, with a world cup winners' medal.

He's certainly had an eventful career so far.

while we're on the subject

Can anyone mirror the career of Steve Finnan?

He played at (almost) every domestic. european and international level:

League 2 and 1 with notts county

Championship with fulham

Prem with liverpool

Euro cup and champ lg with liverpool

International football with ROI

Think he may have played lower level football with Welling Utd, but not sure on that one...

He only has a CA of around 150ish imo - and there's usually a lot more options available.

The problem is that the AI doesn't look at performances or attributes when signing players, it's all about reputation and scouting rating.

He only has a CA of around 150ish imo - and there's usually a lot more options available.

The problem is that the AI doesn't look at performances or attributes when signing players, it's all about reputation and scouting rating.

I doubt its even that. Its kinda sad....you'd think his reputation would sky rocket after such productive world cup.

He's certainly had an eventful career so far.

while we're on the subject

Can anyone mirror the career of Steve Finnan?

He played at (almost) every domestic. european and international level:

League 2 and 1 with notts county

Championship with fulham

Prem with liverpool

Euro cup and champ lg with liverpool

International football with ROI

Think he may have played lower level football with Welling Utd, but not sure on that one...

glad you mentioned finnan he was great at notts county really was one of my favourites at the time.

Archived