How to entice/attract players to your championship or lower club?

Does anyone know the best way to go about getting players to want to join your club. I have just got promotion to the championship with Sheff Wed but I am now struggling to bring in decent players. I waited till the new season fixtures were in so the game recognised I will be playing in the championship, I thought then that my club rep would get a boost but so far it seems the same as it was in league one.

Are there any hints/tips that people could give, also how does club rep work, how do you go about boosting it so players will want to join?

Use your assistant's "hide players who won't be interested". That plus the transfer list should turn up a few players good enough to get your premier league promotion.

I did try that and found that 99.9% of the players I wanted to buy, good quality young players I had found who's value was less than 2 million didnt want to join.

Does anyone know the best way to go about getting players to want to join your club. I have just got promotion to the championship with Sheff Wed but I am now struggling to bring in decent players. I waited till the new season fixtures were in so the game recognised I will be playing in the championship, I thought then that my club rep would get a boost but so far it seems the same as it was in league one.

Are there any hints/tips that people could give, also how does club rep work, how do you go about boosting it so players will want to join?

If it's the same as Fm10, you get small boosts from winning games, although I'm not sure by how much, it depends on your opponents rep. You get large boosts for winning Competitions and Gaining Promotion. These are the ones I've seen that I can remember.

Once again I must refer to FM10, It was possible to 'Loan To Buy' much better class players than you can buy. They are willing to join you as it's just a loan as far as they are concerned. Play them and when you or the club appear as one of their favourites make the offer set in the loan contract, which has to be accepted, and there is a good chance they will accept a contract.

Be sensible, if you aim too high the player will never sign for you. Look for young players good enough to play in you team right away with enough potential to play lower to mid Premier League football. Happy hunting.

PS. dont forget to scout France;)

Try loaning players on the transfer list? Something I've just benefited from in the Championship is a relegated Premiership team trying to sell a bunch of players to cut their wage bill, but I managed to loan three for the season on a small-ish fee and only paying 50% of their exorbitant wage. It's kinda helping a promotion rival but I figure as it's 3 good players for the price of one when you add up the loan fees it's totally worth it, and given me a better squad overall.

Archived