How many leagues to load in order to get more regens?

If I load more leagues, does it mean I will find more regens? Currently I have around 15 leagues loaded and I can't find any good regens in my game atm. I haven't got the African leagues loaded and I have realised that continent possess of the best regens, so can I scout that region even though they are not loaded in my game?

If you increase the size of the database, you will get more regens. Generally, I find regens are better and easier to track down if you also have leagues loaded (since you can scout matches they're playing) though simply loading more leagues as "view-only" won't actually increase the size of the database.

I would at least "load players from top clubs" from each region. This way you will get more regens and, more importantly, regens from the clubs with the best youth programs. There are a couple of world class youth programs in Ghana and the Ivory Coast (I forget the names, but they are the programs that trained the likes of Yaya Toure, Gervinho, Eboue, etc.), so you will definitely want to at least have the top clubs from those two countries loaded.

I would at least "load players from top clubs" from each region.

This is the way to go if you are wanting more regens further down the line. I "load players from top division clubs" in Central Europe, East Asia, Eastern Europe, North America, South America, South Europe, UK & Ireland and Western Africa with a Large database with 15 Nations loaded with the player count been around 80000.

I would say if you can give this a try as i haven't had a save that hasn't had good regens 10-15 years into it.

I usually go to the custom database screen, and then choose this setup:

Database size: Large

Players Based in Nation: Europe

Players Based in Nation: Africa

Players Based in Nation: South America

we this setup the players count goes around 244000. In my current save, im in year 2018, and checking FMRTE i see theres around 110000 regens in my game.

As for the leagues, i load:

England (first and second division)

Italy (first and second division)

Spain (first and second division)

Portugal (first and second division)

Germany (first and second division)

France (first division)

Holand (first division)

brazil (first division)

Argentina (first division)

How do you load players from the top clubs? I can't see the option

When you choose the database size, pick custom and you have the option there.

Loading players from top division clubs will ensure those clubs will generate regens, for instance i generally load a bunch of leagues in view-only mode and then i use the option to load all top division players from Europe or South America depending on the save i'm playing.

Archived