Fewest games played for a World Golden Ball winner

I've just had my star left winger win the Golden Ball, despite playing only 32 games. Don't get my wrong, he was the best player in the world when he was fit, but he played the 2nd half of last season, got 5 games in to this one before breaking his foot. They did mention his world cup performances(2018), but he wasn't even in the top 3 best players at the tournament(his right wing counterpart was the best player at the WC), so I'm not sure that tournament should have won him the award. Anyway, I'm not too bothered, it's a good thing! Plus, stopped Messi winning his 10th straight award!

What's the fewest amount of games a player has played on your games, for them still to win the Golden Ball. Or perhaps even the best player in whatever league you play in?

I had a similar left winger this year, played 33 and got the golden ball. He had been on terrific form though. My really weird one was a defensive midfielder/centre midfielder who had 31 appearances and an average rating of just 7.30. Why on earth did he get the Golden Ball?

WorldGoldenFail.png

He didn't even get many assists or goals, and was far worse than the runner up, and yet still got 200 more points. And 3rd place was even better :confused:

Messi got the golden ball for me in 2018. He played 28 games with an average of 7.53. Hardly fantastic.

And a little brag, the year Mariani got the golden ball he got an average rating of 8.21 with 49 goals in 39 games. I know people have done better, but it's a personal best :p

Hardly that bad really. Some clubs only play 30 matches in a season. It's about how good they were, not whether they played 90 minutes for 60 matches each year.

For my Honvéd side my best players only play about ~35 games a season, whilst my second tier play another 25-30 and my Cs get about 5 games. Though that's due to epic fixture congestion.

Archived