Season Expectations

Ok thanks for the reply, I brought Pisa up from Serie C1B and told the board that I would Challenge

for the title in my first season in Serie B... A bit foolish on my part as I wanted the expanded player wages to fit my team.

Now I'm mired mid-table at the start of the season 7 wins 5 losses, With some injuries to key players!

I 'm sure a mid table finish is all I can achieve this season... Hoping they don't sack me!

Haha, quite ambitious :D

There's the chance you'll get sacked before you even finish out the season. But that depends on the specific chairman, and also if they think there is a better AI manager available to sign.

Yeah, looking back I should of went for "Mid-Table Finish"

Funny thing is, my job status lists me as "Untouchable" LOL

Other things like squad harmony and wage control also affect your relationship with the board. Your security will drop like a stone if your treacherous players turn on you.

Sorry to be such a doomsayer.

Very good point. When you go to your Confidence screen, just make sure you're on top of every category: wages, matches, competitions, etc, as well as you can considering you're already suffering in Competitions confidence.

Yeah, the chairman may have a lot of patience for me. Barring me getting regulated back down, I'm sure that I would still be at "Secure" lol.

I did the double last term and brought in some good players to please the board\fans, so confidence is still high!

My board love me and have a lot of time for me so each situation is different.

I was told that the minimum was to win the league following 2 titles in a row. I came 4th but won the FA and League Cup. My security didn't change from untouchable.

If the board love you enough (previous increases in reputation is the real key here I think), you can get away with anything.

I managed to put my Arsenal side (formerly top team in the world, and richest) into a HUGE debt and finish bottom of the league with no points, yet I still kept my job, based almost entirely on the fact that I've overseen an increase in their international profile. One day when I'm bored I'll holiday through to see how long they actually keep me. I have a feeling that my job is safe as long as i'm in the league system loaded (down to league 2 in that game I think) though, based on past success.

Archived