Tycoon takeovers in Germany?

In game, you can't, no. Nor can you be taken over by a consortium.

German clubs are majority fan owned, and an investor (such as the bloke at Hoffenheim) has to own a large minority stake for several years before he can take majority control.

In game, you can't, no. Nor can you be taken over by a consortium.

German clubs are majority fan owned, and an investor (such as the bloke at Hoffenheim) has to own a large minority stake for several years before he can take majority control.

Cheers everyone :D:thup:

So does that mean in theory I'm never going to really be mega rich?

Which makes sense. Though if they have that included, I have no idea why SI continue to allow German and UK clubs to be parent clubs...

They changed it a few years ago to remove any control the parent club had over the feeder, the only 'first option' type links that can be made are with clubs abroad.

Cheers everyone :D:thup:

So does that mean in theory I'm never going to really be mega rich?

Probably never mega Man City style rich but the Bundesliga is one of the most profitable leagues in the game, you get about £30m for winning the league alone.

Im playing with Dortmund and right now im in the process of a takeover. I wonder if it will collapse. I have seen it in my save several times that there was a takeover going on in some bundesliga clubs but in the end they all collapsed. I guess SI could not remove this properly and just solved this issue by letting those takeovers collapse every time. Still, i wonder if these instances were random and what will happen to me.

And no - im not using any 3rd party files except one transfers update file.

They changed it a few years ago to remove any control the parent club had over the feeder, the only 'first option' type links that can be made are with clubs abroad.

But the TV money in other countries is probably much higher? I know in italy you can get as much as 80m at the start of a season for tv rights. If you have a good reputation as club of course, but then again; i you want to be rich you kinda have to :-).

update: In my Dortmund save, Dortmund got taken over by a local businessman, replacing the former chairman.

But he didnt do anything else.

SI, is this because in Germany this is not allowed (50+1 rule)? Or is it just coincidence? The edt.file is unchanged from the start.

• 2 weeks later...

In Germany the football clubs mostly operate as "non-profit" organisations (I don't know what the correct term would be in English, german is Verein). It means that the clubs aren't private owned (although the works teams are an exception and there is a 50+1 rule which says that the Verein must own at least 50% +1 of the club). So it is simply ridiculous that I get the news that Rummenigge is looking to sell Bayern, because he simply doesn't own it.

The same thing is with dividents...these clubs cannot pay dividents to their shareholders (except Dortmund), because they don't have any...all profits stay on the club's account.

Archived