FM Genie Scout 2008 public beta 1 Released

Marco.SKA

i'm finding mini scout very hard to use?

I can get genie to work as long as there is no human managers in the game and if the save file is not compressed.

So when I want to use it I save my game, retire from football and then save as a different name. That new file should work on genie.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rangers;TheReligion:

I hope this shuts up some A*seholes who constantly slate the guy.

I wonder how they would cope if they had University , A family, studying etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I imagine they'd probably find the time to come on the forum and let people know where they're up to and why the genie is taking so long, rather than just leaving evryone in the dark

I'll stick to the miniscout for now and wait until the genie gets enough positive feedback before I give it a try

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chocapik:

My game is never compressed and it still doesn't work. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well after i retired it worked. Some problem with my contract it seems.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by big_bob:

"For those having trouble please make sure your game is NOT compressed

Thanks Genie"

Taken from his site. And I can't believe you people comparing FM Scout with miniscout.

FM Genie Scout is the best. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

At least it is updated and works though icon_wink.gif

Guest solidss

You guys are so pathetic.Both programs are very good and we must praise the two creators for their hard work.

So a big thanks to Eugene and mxmaster.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VoodooBlue:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rangers;TheReligion:

I hope this shuts up some A*seholes who constantly slate the guy.

I wonder how they would cope if they had University , A family, studying etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I imagine they'd probably find the time to come on the forum and let people know where they're up to and why the genie is taking so long, rather than just leaving evryone in the dark

I'll stick to the miniscout for now and wait until the genie gets enough positive feedback before I give it a try </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats not the point mate, yeh he did leave people in the dark, but he has a life. He has University, anyone who goes there will know how time consuming it is.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Thats not the point mate, yeh he did leave people in the dark, but he has a life. He has University, anyone who goes there will know how time consuming it is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wouldn't be hard to post a quick message to let everyone know what was going on though.

Still doesn't work.....waste of time!

Oh and for the record, i think we all have every reason to bitch and moan - the program was PROMISED 4 months ago at which point Eugene asked for donations to keep it free. The guy's clearly a tech wizz but at no point in the past 120 days has he found the 30 seconds it takes to turn on his pc/laptop and type the following: "Sorry it's taking so long - best you stop donating" or "won't now be ready until april"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Joelsue:

Still doesn't work.....waste of time!

Oh and for the record, i think we all have every reason to bitch and moan - the program was PROMISED 4 months ago at which point Eugene asked for donations to keep it free. The guy's clearly a tech wizz but at no point in the past 120 days has he found the 30 seconds it takes to turn on his pc/laptop and type the following: "Sorry it's taking so long - best you stop donating" or "won't now be ready until april" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For your information. I didn't get any donation since 30 November 2007. So when I have time, I do it. But in my life there are more important things then FM and scout.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zak bentley:

what do you mean retire then save? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He doesn't mean wait until you are 55, then go quit you job, then go home and save your game.

1. Save your game.

2. Retire in the game

3. Then save the game and add "Retired" or something to the save game name.

4. Use the "Retired" saved game in Genie and continue to play the Non-Retired game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zak bentley:

I retired, saved and tried to load Genie then got following message.

http://img219.imageshack.us/my.php?image=genieiy8.png

Got 8.0.2 if that means much. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh No.

I now have the same problem and retiring doesn't work.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Inkstier:

On public beta 2 it still gives me a load error on any save I try. Says "Data file seems to be corrupt. Wanted to read 4 bytes, could only read 0 bytes." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same with my save

The author of the program has a real life as well, it takes much time and dedication to finish a project like FM Genie Scout.

I believe he is a student in university as well, and that has kept him busy for quite some time.

Be patient and I'm sure the final product will be worth it.

Looks like everyone loves Genie again. Annoying idiots saying he was done with it and wasnt going to make it. Also people were complain that he was making money from ads and donations , he has every right to, a program like that takes a lot of time. Now he has released some versions which work well yet people complain that it takes time for him to update it. Its been 4 days since the last update. It takes SI months to update a program we pay money for.

Anyway dont bother using the positional ratings from Genie yet...there no good ATM until he updates them. MiniScout's positional ratings arent perfect neither but there a lot better right now. Genie is just good for searching with more detail ATM.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DS:

Looks like everyone loves Genie again. Annoying idiots saying he was done with it and wasnt going to make it. Also people were complain that he was making money from ads and donations , he has every right to, a program like that takes a lot of time. Now he has released some versions which work well yet people complain that it takes time for him to update it. Its been 4 days since the last update. It takes SI months to update a program we pay money for.

Anyway dont bother using the positional ratings from Genie yet...there no good ATM until he updates them. MiniScout's positional ratings arent perfect neither but there a lot better right now. Genie is just good for searching with more detail ATM. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very true. Although I want happy with the "wait", I would never complain openly about it as it's freeware. But I agree that the MiniScout is now better than Genie because of the ratings. The Ability and PA just didn't crack it for me.

I have my own formula for rating for each position on paper and I would manually enter it into an excel table and get me my rating. Glad to see that with MiniScout I have ratings much closer to the ones I have on excel than in genies. Genie was great the last 2 years, but this year it has been "outplayed" but it's newer competitor and I love it. Beter 2 than 0, right?

Maybe next year Genie get's ahead and releases the FM09 version with better ratings and sooner.

That being said I promised myself to donate when released so I'll hold to my word and donate as soon as I get my CC sorted out. 10 bucks for MiniScout and a fiver for Genie.

Next year whoever comes first will get the extra fiver. This way I support both and give an incentive for an early release :p

Go Genie and Go MiniScout.

You could put your ratings into MiniScout or Genie. Anyway it just occurred to me to put MiniScout ratings into Genie scout and then I have the best of both worlds. The power and flexibility of Genie's search functions + the ratings from MiniScout.

Hi DS

Some questions - hope you don't mind.

What is wrong with Genies ratings and what needs to be done to fix them?(can only Genie do it) How do you know they are wrong and what makes Mini scouts better? - (This is the only part of both programs that really interests me)Just curious.

How do " put "miniscout ratings into Genie program - sounds complicated.

Any answers gratefully received.

Cheers

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by loisvale:

Hi DS

What is wrong with Genies ratings and what needs to be done to fix them?(can only Genie do it) How do you know they are wrong and what makes Mini scouts better? - (This is the only part of both programs that really interests me)Just curious.

Cheers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not DS, but for myself the most important thing in the new FM patch is not being considered by Genie rating: Left foot side. This is key.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by loisvale:

Hi DS

Cheers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The weaker foot is the main problem. It does not take it into account properly. DJLM82 said the left foot, that is wrong, it's just the weaker foot in general and for a left footed player that's the right foot. Genie doesnt take into account the weaker foot enough as it is more important then any attribute but only a 5 is given to it when there are attributes with 100 given to them. I don't know what a good value for it would be but it would be more then 100. MiniScout's ratings take into account the weaker foot but its not so good for the other attributes but overall it is a better ratings system until Genie updates his ratings. You can edit the ratings in Genie by going to Ratings -> Edit Ratings on the menu bar. MiniScout's ratings can also be edited. You can copy the ratings from MiniScout and add them to Genie Scout so you have the better ratings of MiniScout along with the better search capabilities of Genie. If I decide to do it I will save the ratings file and upload it somewhere but right now I am to lazy to do it so I just use MiniScout to see how good my players are rated for each position.

Archived