i actually hate this game

i can't be bothered with it anymore

it all seems to random, there doesn't seem to be any consistency of results, tactics, form or anything

its starting to wind me up

its the worst game of the series so far for me

its just not fun losing every match regardless of team, players, tactics or team talk

it all seems to random, there doesn't seem to be any consistency of results, tactics, form or anything

its just not fun losing every match regardless of team, players, tactics or team talk

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SWaRFeGa:

*Shrugs*

I love it icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me too.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SWaRFeGa:

*Shrugs*

I love it icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thirded.

If you do actually hate the game then you wouldn't bother come on the official forum and post.

bye bye then.

Whenever I buy a game and hate it I flog it on Ebay and go and find something else to play. So, if you're a normal sensible person that's what you'll be doing instead of pointlessly ranting on an internet forum.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ihateregistering:

**** off </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Love you too xx

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ihateregistering:

**** off </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

I love it when people get irritated by people being polite and talking sense. Who says the world is overrun with morons lol.

because the game is annoying me, i should be forced to sell it and not come on here? that makes sense, can i only post on here to praise the game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your post isn't very constructive. And you've already said you've given up - so the advice was pretty decent really. Sell the game. Move on.

PS. I LOVE registering. *heart*

because the game is annoying me, i should be forced to sell it and not come on here? that makes sense, can i only post on here to praise the game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope, some of the best posters on here post threads criticising parts of the game and offering ways to improve it.

You on the other hand are only interested in posting mindless drivel. If you just want to rant then don't expect much sympathy on the official forum where the majority of the members enjoy the game and would like to see it improve. And swearing at other forum members will not get you far either.

i didn't say i gave up, just that i was starting to lose interest, how come so many people are on here anyway? does no-one have a job anymore? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm at work, but can always spare a few mins here and there to read the latest posts. Even if they are a bit pointless icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chopper99:

And swearing at other forum members will not get you far either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It may get him banned, and then considering his name it would sem he did something he hates for no reason icon_biggrin.gif

You secretly love registering don't you? It's all an elaborate plan to get banned and have to re-register, dirty boy in your bed!

if your willing to take advice and constructive critism then there's nothing wrong with posting such posts.

alot of people dont accept it when we tell them it's tactics/training etc.

so... there is consistency if you manage consistently.

it is easy to find a good tactic/formation within 10minutes which will give you success if you just take the time out to do so.

you will have wins and consistency.

if you train your players properly they will get better.

if you dont over train them then you will not get so many injuries.

if you close the game down when your in the lead wiht 20 mins to go then you will rarely conceed late goals.

i didn't say i gave up, just that i was starting to lose interest, how come so many people are on here anyway? does no-one have a job anymore? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope, we're all standing in the dole queue. Playing FM and browsing the forums on our laptops.

i'd get banned for swearing? surely not, we're all grown-ups here </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think under 16's play this game too. I was about 12 when I picked up CM2.

i just won a game with a tactic i made up, i'm not sure how the tactic worked

i think thats my main concern, that i'm not completely certain i'm in control of whats going in matches, it all seems a little off, i don't know, i'm going back to the tactics forum </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

See now this is something I can sympathise with. While the tactical side of the game has become more complicated the tool given to the player to help them understand tactics has not improved. Staff feedback, Pro zone type analysis etc are the type of things that I would like to see introduced into the game.

See, if you actually put forward a reason as to why you're frustrated, and are prepared to listen to counter arguments, you'll get some decent and probably helpful responses.

i'd get banned for swearing? surely not, we're all grown-ups here </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you'd think so wouldnt you? icon_wink.gif

some kids do come on here. school holidays are a terrible time.

anyway as for not feeling in control during matches.

this is becuase you are not paying attention to what the tactics do.

if you play a 442 then you may feel that you want your wingers to run with the ball.

this obviuosly means they need good stamina and be relatively fast.

otehrwise they will tire easily and be caught out of position,not being able to get back in time.

you may feel that the oppo attacker is running behind your defnece to easily so maybe you need to drop your defneisve line back abit.

perhaps there's too much space for the oppo to opperate between your back line and midfield line. maybe this means all your midfielders are too far forward leaving massive gaps.

so leave one CM in a more withdrawn role.

you just have to think about whats happening on screen and make the relative changes.

simple icon_smile.gif

Training is easy,devvise training schdules for your defenders,midfielders and strikers and use the best coachs for the assignments.As for a tactic try"Natdog's 4-3-3" which I use nearly every game I play and I win more than I lose.Its just a fine balancing act that takes time to perfect like IRL.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chopper99:

Nope, we're all standing in the dole queue. Playing FM and browsing the forums on our laptops. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm actually using the Benefits Advisors computer while he's at the loo.

i apologise, i am an idiot, no more rants </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good man, it's good when people can admit their mistakes.

The Tactic and Training tips forum has some excellent advice by the way. The tactics bible which is stickied at the top of the page is a must read for anyone hoping to improve.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

Nope, we're all standing in the dole queue. Playing FM and browsing the forums on our laptops. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm actually using the Benefits Advisors computer while he's at the loo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You work for local government so the Benefits Advisor probably knows you and doesn't mind icon_wink.gif

i started to read the tactics bible but its heavy reading, i'll dip in and out of it

i remember the short lived football manager magazine, and i think it came with a booklet once with advice in, at least i think it came from that magazine

that'd be a useful thing to have for this game

You work for local government </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

First i've heard about it icon_biggrin.gif

You've stumbled upon my system for doing the double as well, I work for local government and so know the benefits advisor and we are swindling all you tax paying suckers out of your hard earned cash.

PS. Well done ihateregistering for admitting your mistake, now go and enjoy the confidence bug icon_biggrin.gif

i started to read the tactics bible but its heavy reading, i'll dip in and out of it

i remember the short lived football manager magazine, and i think it came with a booklet once with advice in, at least i think it came from that magazine

that'd be a useful thing to have for this game </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I stumbled across this website the other day and saved the link because people are always asking about the hints and tips guide. It might explain a few things.

FM2008 Hints and Tips

You work for local government </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

First i've heard about it icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, perhaps work was the wrong word to use icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You've stumbled upon my system for doing the double as well, I work for local government and so know the benefits advisor and we are swindling all you tax paying suckers out of your hard earned cash. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damn you, it's bad enough having Gordon Brown trying to swindle money out of me all the time icon_mad.gif

When I first downloaded the demo of this I was pretty much in agreement with your thread title and decided that for the first time since the game began I wasn't going to buy it and didn't.

Luckily my wife noticed I hadn't got it and bought it me for christmas. For quite a while I still didn't like it and stopped playing it.

Whilst on my own one weekend I decided to give it a final go. I didn't like it because my previous multiple title winning formation and tactics didn't work.

This time, instead of throwing my dummy out of the pram, I tried various other formations and tactics. It worked, eventually.

From hating the game, I now love it. Currently I have around 15 different formations/tactics saved which I call upon depending on the match situation. I use a minimum of 2 per game, sometimes several more (depends how on much I can be arsed to keep changing).

People love to tell you on here that "It's your tactics". I'd say 'not always; but without damn good ones you aren't going to succeed'.

BTW, several of my formations/tactics are complete nonsense that would get me laughed out of a changing room should I try and use them irl. For some reason in the game they work.

For me it was almost as much about experimenting with tactics as it was about understanding the game.

i'm still trying to figure it out, sorted the training now but i'm still baffled by the tactics

i'm gonna read up and see if i get anywhere, cus my team is still erratic </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In real life Fergison nearly got sacked in his early Man Utd career so even real managers can struggle at first. Stick with it and don't be afraid to spend a whole season just trying to get a tactic working right.

i'm still trying to figure it out, sorted the training now but i'm still baffled by the tactics

i'm gonna read up and see if i get anywhere, cus my team is still erratic </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I started playing the game with CM97/98 and it wasn't until FM05 that I finally created a tactic that brought success. Patience is necessary for FM.

i'm in my 4th season now, i started off with bury and got them promoted, started badly with them trying to figure out tactics and things but went on a run and nearly won the league, then nearly achieved promotion from league one the next year and strengthened the side but the team played poorly so i left and am now at brostol city, and its a bit all over the place at the moment, i have a decent side, good enough for promotion but conceeding too many

its just not fun losing every match regardless of team, players, tactics or team talk </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why dont you try and get better at the game then? icon_confused.gif

thats old news now, vented frustration </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

Archived