wanting to buy my stadium

Taken a brazilian team from third division to dominating south america in my 15th season with them and been winning most tournaments for about the last 5 seasons, the club is currently worth about £145m, anyway back to my point, my stadium is owned by the state, where it is also used by at least 2 other teams. It has a 66,700 capacity and only get 10% of the match day revenue, I normally get around 60,000 fans for league games. I keep asking my board to either buy the stadium or build a new stadium, but all i get is that they agree, but cannot find the funding. Just wondered if anybody knew how much the club needed to be worth before my board would consider buying the stadium.

my sponsership deal is worth around £5m, all my loans were paid off about 5 seasons ago, my total income from last season was £66m and currently just over half way through the season and my total income is just under £40m, however just noticed that i am making a slight loss every season, so could this have something to do with it?

It costs a hell of a lot of money, with Inter I had £400m in the back and they agreed to buy the stadium but pulled out due to a lack of funds. But a word of warning, every single person that has bought their stadium regrets it as the loans are huge and take many years to pay off.

It costs a hell of a lot of money, with Inter I had £400m in the back and they agreed to buy the stadium but pulled out due to a lack of funds. But a word of warning, every single person that has bought their stadium regrets it as the loans are huge and take many years to pay off.

i've never had to repay loans when building a new stadium. The club uses the money from the sale of your current stadium aswell as money in the bank in your club. Infact it's February 2013 and Liverpool are in the planning stages for a new stadium, I will find out the name of it or if it will go through and happen mid July.

Can not wait

I think he meant Buying the stadium from the Council/State rather than building a new stadium. Inter have to pay £3m a year rent on their stadium as the council own it, for me to buy it I needed a bank balance bigger than £400m and after researching this it seemed everyone who had to buy their stadium from the council/state all regretted it, some even said it made their save unplayable due to the amount of debt and loan the club was put in. Though it differs for every club I'm sure.

Archived