Scouting for 1,2,3 matches?

I only use it if the scout isn't very good and doesn't give as much information as I would like. When I am manager of a big team I tend to just use the report card option because my scouts have high attributes and generally give good report cards.

I find that the more I scout players, the larger the variety of personality. One game they'll be 'Fairly Determined' and would fit in, then the next they'll be 'Very Ambitious' and would have alot of adapting to do. So I tend to get 3 separate Report Cards, following the advice of my Head Scout.

I tend to go with report card only, as I scout loads of under 17s at the start of pre-season and want to get reports in and sign players before anyone else can, and am worried that I won't get a report if they aren't playing any games.

Maybe I should go more in-depth, but I still have signed some amazing players through this method.

The more matches the players is scouted the more accurate the scouters report will be.Report club only give you a report but i think it is based on reputation too so it's not that accurate.

Is there any benefit of getting your scouts to watch them in a match?

I have never noticed such an effect.It is kinda silly that you can send 17 JPA scout to Brazil and he will be able to predict the future of a 14 year-old boy with amazing accuracy.

If the player plays in an active league I tend to go for the 2/3 match report.

If the league isn't active then it would make sense to just get the report card.

There is some movement in the star ratings, the report is just as detailed, but the accuracy is improved if your scout watches him play.

High scouting attributes on the scout are most important here.

I like to get lots of scout reports, both report cards and match reports before I sign a player. If they are without a club I'll sign players on trial for 4 weeks so I can get a good look at them, 1 week just isn't enough...

At the end of the day though, I sign players based on my own judgement regardless of what my scouts/coaches tell me. I think I've played the game long enough and used the same tactics long enough to know whether a particular player will fit into my system or not, it's then down to their personality as to whether they also fit into the squad (cue scout reports ;) )

Its best to scout matches, i had one scout reccomend this guy who was 17 with 3 star potential. I agreed a deal for him but decided to scout him afterwards anyway, this guy said he was half a star, so i done it again with another scout who said he was 1 star, then another who said he was 1 1/2 stars. Matches are more reliable.

Archived