Huge Improvements to the youth loaning system.

I think as a manager we need far greater control over our youth. I am tired of loaning out youth to clubs who dont use them. I should be able to tell the manager, use them or lose them. I am also sick of youth who refuse to go on loan to teams abroad. If I feel sending you to a club in Germany is ideal for you to get 1st team football, then so it should be. Also a conversation to negotiate a club they prefer or a way to just get a club to play my youth will be nice.

A revamp of the fixture list is also needed. I feel my youth dont really play that often in the crappy youth leagues, so the ability to make my assistant find regular fixtures or for me to automatically set multiple games at the same time without doing creating tours that usually get cancelled would be nice.

Yes yes yes!

I always thought youth fixtures are not enough to develop them. Also not enough reserve matches to keep them fresh and in-form.

Maybe new kind of coaches? Like head youth coach and head reserve coach responsible for fixtures and friendlies?

When a team makes an offer to loan a player, it says at part of the offer what they expect to use them as. If you don't think from that it is good enough, then don't agree to the deal. Simple.

Nobby said it very right! I have players loan to clubs, that when they made the offer they said that the player would be a first team players. And that player have lots of first team games. But if you are loaning your players to team that want the player to be a backup, dont be surprise if by the end of season they only play 3 ou 4 games.

When a team makes an offer to loan a player, it says at part of the offer what they expect to use them as. If you don't think from that it is good enough, then don't agree to the deal. Simple.

It is not that simple. If your kid is too good for the club that wants to loan him, the club would of course say he would be an important player for the club. It would also mean he will likely not develop well playing there, since the level of football is likely low.

Also, I have had players on loan as backup who have played a lot more games than any of the first team player loanees.

I do agree with the play them or lose them rule, I sent a very good regen to the Netherlands to play for Groningen, not only is he worth £5m compared to £300k and £150 respectively for the strikers at Groningen but he could easily walk into a top 8 Serie A side however FC Groningen didn't play him at all! He was 3rd choice striker behind two 34 year olds who were average! They just flat out refused to play him. I would like a feature where you could ask for the player to be involved more.

but IRL, do you think that happens? Manager from team A, call manager from team B, and says..."hey dick, start playing my player... or else..." :p

Serious, perhaps the issues, is, we must have more information, when the deal is made, so that we can choose wisely, getting more certainty that our player will play on that team

Perhaps a report from our Assman, or scout, saying something like:

You should choose Team A to loan off or players, because:

a) The team has very good training conditions

b) The team has a style of play suited to our player

c) The team manager really like players with the characteristics of our player

d) The player prefers Team X

etc

I don't think this is all that broken to be honest. What Nobby said works as an initial indication of the player's role at the loaning club, and a recall clause will give you the flexibility to cancel (and send him somewhere else) if he doesn't get enough gametime for your liking. Clubs simply field the best side they can, as they should, so it's down to finding a good match where your player is genuinely useful yet not at too low a level. Forcing sides to field loan players when it's not in their interest sounds bad to me.

As for refusing I think youth players do this a bit too often right now, but I wouldn't prefer them agreeing to just any move. Players look after their own careers first and are free to decide on their own future, so they shouldn't agree to things that look like moves in the wrong direction for them. With a little tuning I think this mechanic works just fine. :)

but IRL, do you think that happens? Manager from team A, call manager from team B, and says..."hey dick, start playing my player... or else..." :p

Serious, perhaps the issues, is, we must have more information, when the deal is made, so that we can choose wisely, getting more certainty that our player will play on that team

Perhaps a report from our Assman, or scout, saying something like:

You should choose Team A to loan off or players, because:

a) The team has very good training conditions

b) The team has a style of play suited to our player

c) The team manager really like players with the characteristics of our player

etc

I think managers have criticised teams for not playing their loan players, Sir Alex Ferguson did this when Newcastle rarely played G.Rossi.

I think that players should probably develop more (at least physically) while on youth teams though this probably would require a revamp of how the entire system works, IRL most of the time the youngsters will only reach the first teams and play constantly when they are 21 or 22 unless they are really talented.

But i would love to see more interaction with both feeder and parent clubs, maybe at the start of the season the feeder club manager could ask us for a striker or centerback or whatever position they are lacking in depth..

But in regards for English youth as I manage Chelsea, I find it difficult to loan them out anywhere. They are all big headed and think they are too good for the League 1-2 and always refuse to go abroad. It would make the whole youth development aspect of the game better if you know your future prospects out there in world getting some well deserved games.

And saying "If you dont think the deal is good enough, dont agree the deal" Well considering I am not the one who agrees the deal, its beyond my control. If I accept 5 offers and 4 offering 4 stauses as "first team" and then one as "backup", the player always always choses the last option and If I was to reject the one where he was offered as backup, he refuses to go on loan

I do agree the system needs a re-vamp.

But I only let players go if the loaning club put "He will be a valuable member of the team" in their offer and by following that rule, I have not had a problem with that player playing pretty much every game for their loan team.

The first bit is not possible as managers are not meant to have any sort of control over the teams of other players. I do think, however, that some managers should be slightly "biased" towards loanees in the hope of cultivating a working relationship with another team ("Boss, Darren Ferguson has a good history of working with our loanees and takes good care of them. He might not be with the most glamorous club in the world, but he guarantees first-team football." "Of course I know that, Micky Phelan, he's my son!"). Also, scouts and coaches should suggest his competition (i.e. "Tunnicliffe is likely to be a second-choice midfielder in central midfield - not the most important player but will get plenty of games with the odd rotation" or "Morrison is likely to play on the wing as first-choice because he lacks discipline through the middle, but could find himself playing in a midfield three or as an attacking midfielder"), to aid things ("how much of a squad player is a squad player").

The second one is probably a reputation thing, where a player is unwilling to take a reputation hit and prefers to sit in the reserves rather than go out on loan to a team that is not glamorous but will guarantee him first-team football. I think this is an issue because players should not be going against their managers' wishes without a very good reason to. Loans to other clubs in the same league are not a "very good reason" in most cases.

I simply reject loan bids where they say my player will be a backup.

The feeder clubs should be addressed though, I am sick of sending players to my Championship feeder - Wigan and the players not being played. They are better than what is already there. I tend to recall them by the end of August if they havent featured in any league games.

Didnt wenger tell bolton manager that they could only have wilshere if he played every game?

On the subject of feeder clubs, i spent time mmaking sure that the one i choose had good traning facilities, and a suitable manager. However when i offer a player out on loan ( a good one as well) they dont make an offer? I thought on the offer to clubs page there was a section that let you target your specifice feeder club-like in the same section of targetting human clubs?

But in regards for English youth as I manage Chelsea, I find it difficult to loan them out anywhere. They are all big headed and think they are too good for the League 1-2 and always refuse to go abroad. It would make the whole youth development aspect of the game better if you know your future prospects out there in world getting some well deserved games.

And saying "If you dont think the deal is good enough, dont agree the deal" Well considering I am not the one who agrees the deal, its beyond my control. If I accept 5 offers and 4 offering 4 stauses as "first team" and then one as "backup", the player always always choses the last option and If I was to reject the one where he was offered as backup, he refuses to go on loan

That is a different issue than the one I was on about. I agree with what you are saying although I have no experience of it in FM2011 as I am at Newcastle Town and have got as far as the Conference Premier.

There is already a use them or lose them function in the game, just make sure you add the 'can be recalled' option to any loan. Then you keep an eye on their progress. If they are not playing, recall them. Simple.

Archived