Guide for how to handle the media/Press conference etc?

Hello there. I just saw this post om fm-base, and was very curious if there's such thing on here, or other places on the net that you know of. I've tried to search for it, but no luck as of yet. Saw one interesting post about comments on dangerman/weak link, but that's about it. Here's the post anyway, thanks for every reply.

"Hey.

I didn't know where to ask this question, so I'm trying this forum. I tried the sticky almost 3 hours ago, but since I don't know what patience is, I'm posting it here. Sorry for spamming.

I've recently been thinking about media, teamtalks etc, and was wondering whether or not there's a guide for how to handle the media? I've read a huge guide on teamtalks, which I'll be trying to follow. That will help me to avoid complacency, nervousness etc via teamtalks.

What I am looking for with a "how to handle media" guide, is to get a advantage of the opposition via a comment on their weakest link, danger man, mind games with their manager etc. Anyone know of a guide for this, or got any tips?

Also, Press conferences is annoying me. I can't see it affecting my team in a positive nor negative way. Anyone got any tips/guide for how to handle press conferences in a good way? Is it best to just leave it to my assistant manager?

Thanks in advance. Cheers all!"

I think the only team responses I use are "Everybody knows we need to keep working hard", "Of course they've got a chance, it's not going to be an easy game", "Not at all, there's still a lot of time left to be played". Everything else is no comment, although I'll praise players if deserved. Seems to work for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Press Conferences should be used as a tool to motivate your players and de-motivate the opposition. Your responses should be based on expectations, if you are expected to win then you should sound confident, expected to struggle sound indifferent, expected to get beat sound negative, etc. The match-odds are a great way to gauge expectancy, your players themselves appear to take their own expectations from the match-odds too.

If you match your team-talk to what you say in the Press Conference you will get positive results :thup:

Archived