Media Interaction.

( PSP )

I have been thinking about this while the forum was down.

This game badly needs some interaction.

I thought bouncing some of my creative genius off you normal people would be beneficial thrash out some ideas.

I downloaded this PC demo of FM11 and long story short it wasn't for me but it did give me a few ideas.

FM11 Handheld.

- A press conference when you get appointed you answer general questions about your plans for the club.

- There is a press conference like this periodically throughout the season answering questions about form of players, results and stuff like that.

- I would make the period every month.

What do you fink ? ! ! !

• SI Staff
This place is dead.

Every games release goes in a cycle - the further away from the release the quieter the forums get, especially in the 'off-season' from football if there isn't a big international tournament going on.

Expect things to get busier as the season kicks off and people start focussing more on footy again - and also when we get closer to future releases.

PS - With regards to media interaction, its something which I hope to evolve but I don't want to flood the game and have it feel repetitive ...

PS - With regards to media interaction, its something which I hope to evolve but I don't want to flood the game and have it feel repetitive ...

- That's why I dont like Dec's idea to comment before/after a game. I think a decent size conference every month would be good for starters break the tedium if it goes across well maybe it can be expanded more. Seems as its quiet FM on PS Vita ?.

on topic agree we don need more media ineraction, but only for the likes of responding to transfer rumours, derby game build up, ability to criticise other players or managers freely.

off topic, moved house this weekend, oh christ what an effort moving house is

I dont quite understand your comment Chris.

" we don need more media ineraction, but only for the likes of responding to transfer rumours, derby game build up, ability to criticise other players or managers freely "

- So you do want more media interaction.

- I bet you want more transfer rumours too. I think the game desperately needs it.

I find it curious my stadium builder idea was given special criticism for not being realistic but realism isn't mentioned here.

I'm having trouble logging in. Its taking me several times. I even had to get a new password. Anybody else ?

How are we meant to have media interaction without a press conference ?.

In current FM when you do get transfer speculation just how exactly do you envisage this happening other than a press conference.

How are we meant to have media interaction without a press conference ?.

In current FM when you do get transfer speculation just how exactly do you envisage this happening other than a press conference.

Everytime there is transfer speculation, lets say for example Wes Sneijdner's proposed move to Man Utd AF wont hold a press conference, it'll more than likely be the usual press hounding, phone, email, quick statement outside the training ground etc etc

Everytime there is transfer speculation, lets say for example Wes Sneijdner's proposed move to Man Utd AF wont hold a press conference, it'll more than likely be the usual press hounding, phone, email, quick statement outside the training ground etc etc

I know that isn't my proposal during the season Sir Alex talks about this stuff in his regular Friday afternoon press conference, he discusses all the issues injuries, form, players on loan, results, non United stuff and of course transfer rumours.

A regular press conference would certainly be REALISTIC.

I still dont understand how you will be implementing this into the game will it be like it is currently but just more ?. That would be unrealistic and lame in my opinion.

You also have to bear in mind that these kinds of additions will slow down the game play dramatically, and I think it should be optional rather than complusary, regular press conferences that I have to attend / conduct would get very tedious after a while, giving the player the option to organise a press conference would work. With regards to the current system it works well but does require a bit of padding. I think the key feature would be to open it up to praise / criticise players / staff from other teams, and as I have stated before there certainly needs to be some form of press interaction for derby games.

I'd like the ability to harrangue my goalkeeper for another appalling performance that cost us the game, respond to transfer speculation about some lame-duck player by saying over my dead body, and to wind up rival managers ahead of a derby by pointing out their dubious parentage. Most of all though, I want detailed records of each season kept and a trophy cabinet. At the moment I have to make the European cup from a Frosties box and stick a photo of the real thing to the shape. Still, I've won four so far. Anyway, trophy cabinet, come on, how hard can it be?

Press conferences are THE reason that I don't play the PC version of FM half as much as the handheld, would hate it if they were introduced. I do agree with all other suggestions though, although you can't just "increase transfer rumours" unless a player is actually desirable/on the transfer list, you can't just pluck them out of thin air.

• SI Staff
It already is repetitive.

More repetitive then ;)

More seriously some items are repetitive on purpose - mainly those which aren't interactive or about other clubs (transfer items especially), they add flavour and let you know there is a world outside HOWEVER they aren't meant to slow down the play too much, as such they're fairly 'standard' in approach so people can skim them without fear of missing something vital.

HOWEVER interactive media (the ones you can reply to) I want to keep as varied as possible (and increase variety where applicable) so that they feel special when you encounter them ..

Archived