Can you make teams/put players in it that doesn't effect the default database?

I just felt like making a team where I could fill it with the players that I wanted... a dream team, if you know what I mean. Just to muck about with.

Can I do that without editing the databases by default (so when I start a new game, the custom team is there), just editing the save?

Or could I just edit the database and then revert it back, or would that mess up my proper saves?

I'm new to the editor too, so give me a detailedish explanation, thanks!

You can create that dream team using the editor and then only play with that side when you want to play with them. Changes made aren't merged with the default database. You could probably put a team together using FMRTE's swap player function, however I'd go down the official editor route if I were you.

You don't edit the database with the editor for FM10 and onwards. Instead, a file of "editor data" is created, which records the changes you made to the database. When you start a save, you select what editor data to load. If you want one save with this team in, then only select that piece of editor data for the one save. Creating new editor data won't affect your old saves.

The only thing about editing that you might not pick up for yourself is that you need to keep the number of teams in each league the same. If you add a new team to a league, take one out to balance it up, or the data won't load.

Archived