promising players

if your promising player is not playing to good when you send him on loan for the season to a championship team or league 1 team dose it mean he will not turn out to be a good player for your

good premiership team liverpool.

I'm not sure if I understood you properly but I've got one example. I've sent my wonderkid player to Vitesse on loan, where he used to play every match. He wasn't doing well, ended up with 6.40 rating. He'd played there for 5 months, then I had to call him back to my Chelsea due to my side defender's injury and suprisingly he did rly well, around 7.40 after 10 matches. So I think doesn't matter how he plays, it's important that he plays regularly at pretty high level. :)

you did understand me properly so even if he dose get a crap rating when on loan to a lower team when he comes back to your team he can be a good player still. so aslong as hes getting first

team experiance somewhere that can help him in the long run for your own team

if he's playing poorly, then his morale will be lowered and morale can affect players stats!! you should really be looking to have him maintain an average of 7 at least. but at the end of the day, regular first team football in a high quality league is always the best way to improve a players stats

i sometimes find taht i send my player on loan from liverpool when he has a potentail rating of 4 star. he goes offf to a championship club for 8 months and comes back and he's only rated a 2 1/2 star. not sure whether thats because my coaches realise that they over rated him before or because the player has turned rubbish after playing for a lower league club.

According to SFraser's (IIRC) superb "youngster development guide" a loan spell is a good idea when:

* The youngster has at least 15 Determination

* The club he'll get on loan to must guarantee him first team fooball (ie. "X would become a valuable member of the first team")

* The manager of the loaning club must have good stats for Working with Youngsters, JPA, JPP and possible Tactical Knowledge and the "DDM trio"

Basically the biggest con to loaning a promising player out is you're putting him in the hands of the AI (which notoriously suck at developing players who aren't God-like to begin with).

You can be lucky and get him back in one year with improved skills, but there's the risk he'll just have spent one whole season playing in the reserve league or some "garbage time" in cup/league matches.

My advice is: never loan out youngsters you have plans for... they might not play much, but at least you can follow their training and their development...

If you loan them out you risk to waste valuable months of career while their new manager decides it's a smart idea getting them to improve their Throw-Ins and Penalty skills.

P.S. don't forget the "potential" can go unfulfilled due to awful mental traits... so avoid loaning out "troublesome" players...

If he is playing poorly on loan, just recall him (if you can), and literally just keep him in the reserves for the season. Playing in the reserve league can help players gain confidence and step up. If he gets better during the course of the reserve season it may then be time to loan him out.

I used to think loaning out a player who wasn't going to get time in the first team was a good move, but am starting to rethink that. I in the EPL and sent two defenders on season-long loans to my feeder club, Peterborough, in the Championship. So they play one regularly and he's doing well, but they played the other guy in the reserves. I figured if he's going to be in the reserves he might as well be playing for my reserve team, where he'll get used to the tactics, I can manage his training, etc. So I ended the loan, and two days later my backup right back gets sent off and suspended for three games (the started was already out for 3 months). With no other good options I plugged the recalled guy in and he earned a 7-plus in the three games.

Granted, he's not quite that good yet and was playing a little above his head, but I think it's a good argument for having control over your players unless they are going to a really good loan situation or are just plain bad and you don't care much about what happens to them.

Archived