Free Kick Takers

What stats do you look for in a good Free Kick taker, Im assuming that you dont just look at the free kick stat as it will be a combination of stats to get the required results. Ie somebody with an 18 rating for free kicks may not be your best taker and somone with 16 free kick rating may be your best taker as his other stats are better

Personally I also consider long shots, technique, decisions, composure. Possibly others that have slipped my mind atm.

I consider these too, but do you still have the player with free kick 18 rating at first free kick positon, or could one with a lower free kick rating but better technique or long shot etc fill the no 1 position

I consider these too, but do you still have the player with free kick 18 rating at first free kick positon, or could one with a lower free kick rating but better technique or long shot etc fill the no 1 position

I don't automatically pick the guy with the best free kick attribute and others can be my preferred taker.

I usually use a rough calculation in my head with FK counting double and looking for no weak areas in the other attributes. I also consider my own experience of what they have done in the past, do they score long shots, have they hit good freekicks in the past for my team etc.

Over time I tend to have a good idea of who the good FK takers are in my team without even looking at their attributes.

Free Kick Taking, Long Shots, Crossing, Technique, Decisions, Concentration and Composure for me in that order.
this pretty much, but in a slightly different order:

Technique, Free Kick Taking, Decisions, Concentration, Composure, Long Shots, Crossing, Finishing and Footing

Well I usually only looked at free kick taking and technique....but from the looks of it I've been doing it wrong.

I guess I should start considering more attributes.

this pretty much, but in a slightly different order:

Technique, Free Kick Taking, Decisions, Concentration, Composure, Long Shots, Crossing, Finishing and Footing

Along with the PPM 'Curls Ball' means so many successful freekicks. That was in FM10 though, I haven't used a player with 'Curls ball' yet on freekicks for FM11.

Well I usually only looked at free kick taking and technique....but from the looks of it I've been doing it wrong.

I guess I should start considering more attributes.

Remember that nobody really knows any better than anyone else. Just look at the number of attributes that you find looking at works the best.

The only thing that really matters when selecting a player is the "hits freekick with power" PPM, without it im beginning to think its impossible for a player to score a freekick regardless of attributes.

what gives you that impression?

How about flair, for the unexpected freekicks. Generally, if I have a top side I will look at the following:

FK Taking

Long shots

Technique

Then (pointless to not have the above):

Composure

Concentration

Flair

Any PPMs

Decisions

Archived