Next Gen Competition & FFP.. Will it be in 2012??

I struggle to understand what is the OP asking.

I'm not entirely sure what next gen competition is but FFP(Financial fair play) are the new regulations UEFA are introducing you can read about it here!

In reply to the OP I'm not sure but I would think the rules and regulations of FFP would be pretty hard to implement in FM.

I think the next gen competition he is refering to is a new youth competition between the major clubs in Europe, think of it as a Champions League for U-21..

Oh yeah I've read about that just didn't know what it was called. It seems like a good idea.

In regards to FFP, it'd be (under the current format on FM, where you have no real input on finances other than wages/tb) fairly harsh if you were dq'd from UEFA comps for failing to comply with financial regulations... whether this paves the way for a financial overhaul in FM12 still remains to be seen! I personally would love a bit more control - then again, you'd be moving out of football management and into the Chairman's territory there..

@ Dave80: I agree it'd be hard and would indeed result into the player being more of a chairman, though I would also love to get more control over the club you're managing. Maybe it'd be an idea as to be able to choose the extend of your possibilities as manager when starting a new game. That way each player can choose for himself which position he prefers at his club.

In regards to FFP, it'd be (under the current format on FM, where you have no real input on finances other than wages/tb) fairly harsh if you were dq'd from UEFA comps for failing to comply with financial regulations... whether this paves the way for a financial overhaul in FM12 still remains to be seen! I personally would love a bit more control - then again, you'd be moving out of football management and into the Chairman's territory there..

Is that a problem, though?

Just because it says "Football Manager" on the tin, doesn't mean that the game can't extend beyond a manager's remit.

Personally, I see the fun in the game as being able to control - rather than manage - a football team, and that any further control as a pure gaming experience is quite fine with me.

Is that a problem, though?

Just because it says "Football Manager" on the tin, doesn't mean that the game can't extend beyond a manager's remit.

Personally, I see the fun in the game as being able to control - rather than manage - a football team, and that any further control as a pure gaming experience is quite fine with me.

I, personally, would love to do what was described and what i branded "the chairmans" job, but it has no real place in this game. People are always harping on about realism in transfers/training/tactics etc... what manager controls merchandising/ticket prices/general finances? They don't - that's the Chairman, or Director of Football's job. If they brought out a "Football Chairman" game/addon, I'd probably buy it - but the game's simplicity is what has made it such a success.. for the new user it just complicates things and, as i said, makes the game unrealistic.

If they were, however, to bring these topics into the boardroom meetings I would see that as a compromise.

There are already aspects of the game that the manager has no control over i.e. transfer fees, contracts, arranging friendlies, etc.

This can be implemented without having to have more control over your finances. Who here has ever lost 40m (I think it's that) over a 2-3 year period on FM? It's far too easy to make money once you're in the top leagues and that's the only place where the FFP rules apply.

As for the next gen competition. If it's an irl tournament then it should be included. Set it to the same reputation level as u21 euro competition and that will be fine. You will prob find that it will just use your res team apart from if you have players too old for it.

If it is coming into play next season then you can expect more details to come out well before the start of the season.

^Menion, the figures would have to be tracked for all divisions, or you'd get players winning the FA Cup from the Championship and then the game crashing cos it couldn't figure out their FFP stats. And the amount you're allowed to lose is not a fixed figure of 40m, but rather a percentage of income- hence the complaints that it'll help out rich clubs (Man Utd, Barca, Arsenal, Real have incomes massively higher than their competitors.) Then there's a maximum percentage of income you're meant to be spending on wages, I think, though I may be veering into the debt-reducing agreement the prem clubs agreed a while back, separate from UEFA.

Also, the issue with FM features is not "will the player cope?" but "will the AI cope?" more often than not. The AI's always botching things like squad registration rules, transfer & loan restrictions, and other regulations.

Regardless, It's v.hard to get disqualified from competition: you get a few years of fines and warnings once you go over the threshold before you become entirely ineligible, IIRC. So the AI would just have to be intelligent enough to slash your wage & transfer budget for the next season once it got into the red zone. I reckon it should be implementable in some form or other, though perhaps not in a perfectly accurate way.

At the most basic level, it just needs to track income, wages and expenditure over a 3-season period (I think UEFA check your figures for two years previous to the season in which you qualify), instead of the two seasons it tracks them for at the moment. And then it's just calculating the percentages.

Regardless, It's v.hard to get disqualified from competition: you get a few years of fines and warnings once you go over the threshold

Great logic from UEFA there. "You're spending more than you can afford, now pay us a large sum of money!"

Archived