I can't bring myself to resign

I can't bring myself to resign.

I've been playing my current save for ten seasons as AC Milan. In that time I have won Serie A every single year, seven Italian Cups and six European Cups. Very successful on the field but I've also managed to build up a fantastic backroom staff and youth system. Most of my current first team have been bought very cheaply and developed into very good/world class players. The club is worth over a billion dollars. And to top it off after bugging my board for the entire ten years I've finally had a new stadium build, The Bell Stadium.

Ok, bragging over.

My problem is that I'm now finding managing Milan rather boring. It's become too easy. But I can't bring myself to resign and take up a new challenge. I couldnt bare to see the club that I have rebuilt and the team that I have put together put into AI hands and undoubtedly run incorrectly and have it's star fall.

I have the English, Spanish, French and German leagues loaded as playable to plenty of options.

That's it really. What would everyone else do? Have they found themselves in situations similar?

Happened with me on FM 10. Although I didn't win quite as much as you did, I took Leeds from League 1 to Champions League and Premier League glory multiple times. I'm not really even a big Leeds fan, but my FM team really grew on me. After 10 seasons in that save, I just decided to wait until FM 11 came out, lol.

Pretty much in the exact same shoes as you at the moment with Sevilla. Although i've now been managing them for 17 years. Have won La Liga 13 times, including the last 12. 7 European cups and numerous other trophies. I've been offered numerous jobs over the years but now is the only time i've started to feel a bit bored. It's the only save i've ever had on Fm11. I think the only job i would leave for is the Liverpool one (being a liverpool fan) but they are doing quite well at the moment.

Am the same, my buzz in the game is taking teams to the top of Everest from 2nd/3rd tier. Once you're there, and you have a fairly young team the team wins on it's own just by clicking 'continue' to me.

Then I resign, go to a new country, new challenge. A few hours in and you've forgotten your old team.

New achievement, make team 80% homegrown and 60% Italian.

As dafuge said, if there are no longer any achievements to look forward too then it's time to leave. You could do what a lot of people do with favourite saves, keep it and make an alternative game with the same save.

I'm currently in 2024, after my reign of dominance in MLS, i got offered the arsenal job, 8 years at arsenal, with multiple championships, and every title obtained multiple times, youth in place to dominate for 10 more years, and then i resigned and took a job back in the states with a level 7 team (custom db)...for the challenge. A season later i'm regretting the decision because my players are awful, and I can't stop peaking at arsenal as they win trophy after trophy with MY guys...should be MY trophys i say as I toil away in obscurity! lol Don't do it, enjoy your hard work and continue dominating i say

That's a good shout. Try and keep them successful but turn it over to using only Italians if you don't want to leave them.

I agree, I did this with Valencia in FM10, we went 100% Spanish after winning 3 CL's in a row and numerous La Liga titles. Went on to win a couple more CL's with the all Spanish squad and it was great fun.

I have been managing Arsenal 13 years now won PL every year but one. Always at least doing double every season and now again done the Triple or Quadruple.

To stop me being bored i have other manager which i change clubs with every couple years if done well or resigned if doing rubbish which keeps it fresh. This manager i have managed in Italian, Ukraine, England and Brazil.

Also try managing National teams at same time and different ones that Just England. Like some of lower nation teams to try achive something with them at same time as i find it helps as well.

Archived