Getting 'Too Good'

I always find my interest will wane in a game once I get to this point (to be explained) and hence why I usually prefer LLM. But I thought I'd share it with you as it has just happened in my third season with man utd.

One of the things I love is bringing through young starlets or unearthing a gem from the far reaches of the balkans. However, after a couple of seasons having bought in some world class talent I find it impossible to give aforementioned types an opportunity. Problem is I've got 18 tip top players who take up all the spots, so I can't spare the space on the bench and this is where it starts to bore me somewhat.

I know I could just refrain from buying the stars but when the moneys in the bank and the player is available I just can't resist. Anyone else experience this?

Yep. On FM07, I got so big with Chelsea that I eventually had Jouqiun, Valdes and Richards in my RESERVE team!

Right now on my 08 Rangers game, I've got Tevfik Kose and Henri Saivet on the bench to name a few.

Totally know how you feel man!

yerp same her i have sneijder, van der vaart, pablo aimar and d'alessandro on the bench lol not to mention sebastian frey

oh just wondering...who becomes the worlds best keeper in 08/09 becuase mine is seb frey from fiorentina

I'm guilty of this too.

What I've ended up doing is creating 2 first teams. Each team has it's own 11 players plus 5 common subs.

I play team one in the first game, team two in the next, then back to team one and so on.

This way I can at least stop players getting tired and unhappy from not playing.

One problem is that you don't get to praise or grumble at the players; as they never play enough consecutive games (which I think is a stupid way of setting player interaction anyway).

I've also found that it's rare that your players win awards as they don't tend to play enough games in the season to get chosen.

The only time I change the teams are for injuries or for cup finals where I put the best overall performing 11 players out.

I have now set my self two targets, the first is to get a team made up of home-grown players. Once I achieve this, i then intend to make the team completely British.

This is forcing me to look at my youth squad and ensure that they develop correctly, it is also a great lesson on how unpredictable the scout system is.

And the scout system will definitely surprise you if in a few years you have a look in a scouting program to check out your players` CA / PA icon_smile.gif But it takes the fun out of the game. It is interesting though to have a look after 10 seasons at all the players you had in your team icon_smile.gif

I've got a lot of very good strikers on me at the moment.

1)Is a very good FS, EPL top scorer with 21 in Jan.

2)Is a very good TM, EPL second top scorer with 18.

3)Is a good TM/FS, has been injured for most of the season but still has 5 goals

4)Is a good FS on loan from Real Madrid. No good from the start of matches, but is a useful supersub. 6 goals this season.

5) Is a useful EPL striker, could be 10 a season if he was first choice. Has 2 goals with limited opps.

6) Is a TM who will become world class- scored a hat-trick on debut

7 isn't really good enough and will be sold, despite his versatility.

8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 and 14 are young FSs who could all become world class. The one which has played has scored. 2 are on loan at Club Brugge.

15 and 16 are young AMRC/FCs on loan at Club Brugge until they gain permits. Both will be great.

17 is a AM/FC in the first team as a MC or AMC- I have high hopes for him, but not as a striker (despite his 8 goals this term).

The thing is, if I let any go they could come back to haunt me, I could get injuries etc.

Archived