FM handheld (IPAD) 2012 - demo ?

• SI Staff

We haven't done a 'lite' version of the iOS games this year; just to clarify something which you might be unclear on though - there is only ONE iOS game - Football Manager Handheld 2011 (iOS); if you own this then its a universal app which works on both iPad and iPhone; it will work slightly differently depending on which device its installed upon (ie. it'll run in HD resolution on the iPad).

• 3 months later...
  • SI Staff
Hi Marc

So just to confirm...You saying there will be no new iOS game for fm2012. Will there be updates to fm2011 on iOS to include newer transfers available in the PC version of fm2012?

Thanks

There WILL be a new iOS game for 2012 - there will NOT be any more updates for the 2011 version of iOS products.

No release date for FMH 2012 for iOS has been announced yet. As soon as one is, I'm sure there'll be an announcement on the forums! ;)

Any chance the iOS version will scale in more ways than just iPad / iPhone? For example, will the iPhone 4S's extra power allow more than one league to be played like it is on the iPad version?

Either way, I'll buy it day one, but I just thought I'd check. I absolutely love FM2011 on iPhone / iPad ;)

• SI Staff
Any chance the iOS version will scale in more ways than just iPad / iPhone? For example, will the iPhone 4S's extra power allow more than one league to be played like it is on the iPad version?

Either way, I'll buy it day one, but I just thought I'd check. I absolutely love FM2011 on iPhone / iPad ;)

You can already play multiple leagues on the iPhone version of the game in FMHi 2011 and this functionality will DEFINITELY be present in the 2012 version as well - the iPad and iPhone versions are the same in that regard (the actual application/game is the same on both devices - just the iPad uses an enhanced HD skin to take advantage of the larger screen).

• SI Staff
Any update when the iPhone/iPad 2012 version will be released since the PC version is now out? Waiting here.

No release date has yet been announced, the most we're allowed to say is 'before Christmas'. As soon as any more info is available I'm sure it'll be posted on here pretty quickly.

• 4 weeks later...
No release date has yet been announced, the most we're allowed to say is 'before Christmas'. As soon as any more info is available I'm sure it'll be posted on here pretty quickly.

Still waiting and its now Mid November!!! Not cool SI, not cool at all...

Just trying to contemplate the potential awesomeness of the new game leaves me so excited!

I've been spending the last month bouncing around the Brazilian and Australian leagues on fm11 in an effort to squeeze out the last fun. I need to get 12 and boss west ham back to the PL quick!!

I hope it comes out soon, were now 12 games into the season, Football Manager 2012 for the PC came out at the right time but i think this is taking to long. I hope it will be worth it!

Way too long, I've already lost all interest and NO I don't think it will be worth it, probably the same old graphics library ui and database update. NO new world champions league's either.

• SI Staff
Way too long, I've already lost all interest and NO I don't think it will be worth it, probably the same old graphics library ui and database update. NO new world champions league's either.

Please wait and see - I think you might be pleasantly surprised ... time will tell ...

Archived