Backroom Advice Meeting

One of the best parts of the game in my opinion, so simple yet can be very rewarding.

I always look forward to them every couple of weeks in game hoping my staff recommend quality youth.

Has anyone had a really really decent player recommended to them in the Backroom Advice Meeting ?

Has anyone had a really really decent player recommended to them in the Backroom Advice Meeting ?

Quite honestly, no never! :(

Most of the recommended players are either:

* soon-to-be over the hill players with high transfer fee and wage demands

* youngsters with allegedly high PA but with average/below average skills

Basically it's the same flaws that kills AI clubs... Even the best in-game staff will go for expensive players with no future or with allegedly hot prospecs who'll amount to nothing.

Every once in a blue moon though my AssMan could come up with an interesting player in the "Team Report" screen

I found this feature to be better when working on a LLM game. It helped find some decent players while I was in BSN,BSP, and League 2 but really havnt signed anyone recommended in it since then.

Yeah, every once in a while there's a player worth signing, but at least 90% of them are complete dross. Now I'm in the Champtionship, one of my Italian coaches is the only one suggesting even vaguely interesting prospects (generally with all attributes masked) - he's the only one worth listening to and I scout them all out of principle. The rest of my coaches seem to think that key attributes of around 11 is just the ticket for the championship.

What gets annoying for me is how backroom staff always recommend new coaching additions are terrible.

It's like they think:

"If my manager hires [Coach X], who is absolute trash, I'll look better as a result and can negotiate a wage increase!"

The advice on players is very good on lower leagues, i agree that as you get to the top it starts being kind of useless.

One thing that annoys me about the backroom advice is that a coach scouts a player he reccomends even if he has horrible JA and JP surely the scouts should be scouting the player.. not a big deal since you can just rescout but i wish it was something that was defaulted to the scouts.

According to my back-room staff, Srna would be a good acquisition for West Ham in the first season .. not saying he wouldn’t be, but I just seriously doubt he’d make the trip to the Boleyn.

Apart from that, they have recommended some great youth prospects, on the cheap to.

Archived