More customized manager contract, please....

Guest NikDut

Guest NikDut

Hi....

(I lost my old nick pass and cannot even remember which email account ried to old Nik_Dut username, emailed the admin and no response so I made this new one.)

I just thought, what if for FM12 we can have more customized Manager contract, ie:

Bonus after xxx games.

Bonus after achievements.

Yearly wage rise/drop.

Player you wanna bring from previous club etc.

IIRC, in older FM you can have contract with training camp upgrade option, wage budget etc....

I definately think that the manager contract side of things, board expectations, manager interviews, etc needs a complete revamp for future versions.

At the moment it is woefully inadequate in alot of these areas whereas other less important aspects of the game like agents, press conferences, etc seem to have been given much more of a priority.

I think themanager contracts should have more depth and detail to them, better communication in applying/accepting jobs should be available as well (i.e. an understanding of what the owners want, what you think you can achieve, your ethos for the future of the club, etc).

I would have thought it would be relatively easy.

I'm not a fan of all the addtional bits that FM likes to add as they are normally quite poorly thought out at times but something like the above must be included to keep the realism of the game high.

As a manager you should be able to have similar contract options to a player, much more depth, and more realistic negotiating options.

Hopefully it will be looked at soon as currently it is a glaring obmission in my opinion.

I like the sound of that idea, i'd like to the ability to say the board when your offered a contract what sort of budget you want from the off as well as asking the board to go and hire certain staff that you recomend a bit like in real life.

I agree! It would be cool if you could put across you're plan, and see if you're vision matches the board etc.. something like that, as when Di Matteo got the West Brom job he put forward a 3 year plan to the board explaining what actions he would like to see done, and where he wants the club to be year after year etc. It was the same for Aidy Boothroyd of Coventry.. but unfortunately it didnt work out for him :p

It would be hard to fit into the game, but would be pretty cool.

Also I want an option of the club rather than just sacking you and no compensation paid to offer better real life effects, i.e. if you are struggling they can either sack you and pay off your contract (like for players/back room staff) or offer mutual termination for a lower amount if they feel you should go and you want to go and try your luck elsewhere.

This also would be very easy to implement as it is already in the game for other areas.

We ar the manager yet this side of the game has been completely overlooked year on year for other features that are 'cherry on top'.

I want to really feel like the manager and although not a 'game breaker' these areas should definately be considered and updated.

Archived