Problem with Mac and Steam

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, so I officially cant open FM because of some stupid issue with the update you guys did. Thanks for spoiling the only time I had to play it.

I hope this is solved by tomorrow morning, and I hope the answer is in this thread. If you guys cant do updated without screwing other people, dont do them. Simple.

• SI Staff

Can you try removing the 'Sports Interactive' folders from the following locations:

User > Library > Preferences

&

User > Library > Caches

And then right click FM11 in your Steam Library, selecting 'Properties' and then use the 'Verify Integrity of Local Cache' option.

Let me know how you get on, thanks.

I've rebooted my computer, restarted Steam, verified the cache, reinstalled Steam, and repaired the disk permissions. The problem happened after Steam updated itself yesterday. I just finished playing FM2011 for 3 hours, closed Steam. It updated. Then an hour later I tried to load FM and it didn't start.

I am on a Macboox running Mac OSX 10.5.8 and everything is updated.

I've rebooted my computer, restarted Steam, verified the cache, reinstalled Steam, and repaired the disk permissions. The problem happened after Steam updated itself yesterday. I just finished playing FM2011 for 3 hours, closed Steam. It updated. Then an hour later I tried to load FM and it didn't start.

I am on a Macboox running Mac OSX 10.5.8 and everything is updated.

im exactly that :)

ps... i've just installed it on my Pc and it wont work on there either

steam is a shambles of a company no phone support, and its so hard to get mac help on there website

I have Mac 10.5 too. Obviously you guys did something wrong with the mac update.

Last night I uninstalled both Steam and FM and tried again, no luck.

How ironic that an update made for Lion users to play FM leaves us without being able to play.

Come on.

Chen7403, what is your OS X version ?

It seems like all affected users are running Leopard 10.5

Snow Leopard users 10.6 seems to be reporting that it working fine for them.

Actually on 10.5.8 myself, I'll upgrade to Snow leopard tomorrow and see if it makes any difference.

bianconeri, the issue is definetly with 10.5. but we all shouldnt have to go out an upgrade to snow leopard to play the game. i was running 10.4 when fm2011 came out and had to upgrade to 10.5 to get the game working. there was no problem yesterday so whatever they did yesterday has caused this.

bianconeri, the issue is definetly with 10.5. but we all shouldnt have to go out an upgrade to snow leopard to play the game. i was running 10.4 when fm2011 came out and had to upgrade to 10.5 to get the game working. there was no problem yesterday so whatever they did yesterday has caused this.

You are absolutely right and I am not calling for a forced upgrade

I had the same problem. I tried installing the patch manually, which was probably a bad idea. Because now the game will start but it won't let me play without purchasing/activating the game again. I tried putting in my old activation code but that didn't work. What do I do now?

Uninstall and do a fresh install from Steam. You can't use the non-Steam patches on the Steam version.

EDIT: Actually, simply right-clicking the game in Steam and verifying local cache may work, but if that doesn't do it, yeah, reinstall.

Uninstall and do a fresh install from Steam. You can't use the non-Steam patches on the Steam version.

EDIT: Actually, simply right-clicking the game in Steam and verifying local cache may work, but if that doesn't do it, yeah, reinstall.

I tried that. It didnt work.

Surely we wont have to spend all weekend like this. I know FM is one of the few games that provides updates through the year, but it is also the only game where I can buy a game, play for six months, then not be able to play it.

I tried that. It didnt work.

Oh, that was just meant for jhitts08 about restoring an "activatable" version after patching Steam with a non-Steam patch. Clearyg is most likely correct on the 10.5 issue.

Archived