How to develop him

Intensive shooting training with an individual focus on finishing. When his finishing is good enough, switch the focus to composure, if it's still too low for your liking. After that I'd try to improve his off the ball, dribbling and first touch (at this point you may reduce the intensive shooting training). A little more pace and acceleration wouldn't hurt either. He can become a decent poacher.

What does your coaches report on his potential?

make your own custom schedule and set all the attacking sliders to full and also the aerobic and strength sliders up a fair bit. Defending isnt too important and can be left low down.

As already pointed out, look in the tactics and training tips forum for already made schedules :thup:

Attacking doesn't just cover passing and freekicks.

I would leave it high, but lower it slightly. Get Shooting on the absolute max.

Monitor his happiness in training - if he feels its too heavy reduce it down. He will soon be 17 and training on 1st team schedules - make sure he is contracted up!

This may be a bit different from what other people have said, but I'd say he's best suited as a wingback, and a very attacking one at that, for those matches that you have trouble creating chances in and the opposition is camped in their own half.

He's decent physically, with great stamina and agility, high workrate and teamwork, decent positioning and off the ball as well as concentration and decent crossing ability. The only thing missing is a good passing attribute, but that can be trained as well as raising his defensive attributes to an acceptable level for a premier league wingback.

Sad to say I think he might be one of those regens who has a high PA but due to poor initial values in vital attributes is never going to set the world alight. Poor Finishing and mediocre off the ball and composure mean he wont be much of a goal scorer. Poor passing means his not a great candidate to be retrained as a winger like wise tackling for a wing back. I'd say concentrate on his physicals and make him into a target man but I wouldn't field a TM with bravery 5. Can you get bravery up through mentoring?

• 2 weeks later...
Impressive bit of training there! Well done sir. Tell us how you play him and how he's performed?

Ive been playing him as a poacher with Christian Santoro

This season he has won the Fifa Forward of the year, Fifa player of the year and got into the World team of the year and came runner up in the World Golden Ball

thats an incredible rise in his stats, well done if its legit!!

Definitely legit - youll be amazed what you can do to even fully developed players with the right direction in training.

Managed to get a 24 year old striker to go from 12 dribbling to 20 at the expense of tackling, concentration and other defensive attributes.

I'd rather buy a different player than mess around with individual training schedules.

Agreed. Id rather just get to a game than fanny about with training schedules for my players. If they dont improve using the normal training they get released/sold.

Given the schedule I can understand his technical stats going up and with some tutoring and experience his mental stats. But how did his physical stats go up so much? They don't usually change too much for me.

Also did you use the individual focus in any areas or ask him to learn moves? This takes away from general training so I would guess can impact stats in other areas.

Archived