Cheap Skate Challenge

The idea of my next game is to take a team from BSP to premiere league winners without spending a single penny on transfers, only relying on free transfers, regens and youth team promotions.

Today I started a fresh game with Southport and will use no unlockables.

Will post first report at end of the season.

Wish me luck!

First season over, was tough but finnished a respectable 9th, managed to pick up a number of regens and golden oldies this year big suprise signings was Michael Chopra & Nolbert Solano, hopefully will make a bigger impact on season 2 and get out of the BSP

End of the second season, came out clear winners of the BSP and also won the FA Trophy, Michael Chopra has been an absolute machine, scoring 32 goals in 50 games, Solano bagging 26 assists from midfield and a little Irish 17 y/o regen called Martin Bolland hitting 22 goals in 17 games.

First week in League 2, a number of regens purchased and also secured the signature of a legend..Ryan Giggs!!

Ballack, Crespo and Cudicini turned me down though :(

Wow impressive from Chopra (the judice!) loving the legendary team i'm sitting 4th atthe moment here are my Ins and Outs:

In:

Jamie Green FREE

Reuben Reid FREE

Paul Jones FREE

David Cowan FREE

Matthew Flynn FREE

Matthew Saunders FREE

Out:

Phil Turnbull 1k

Jon Shaw 2k

Tim Deasy FREE

Jonny Allan 1k

James Marwood FREE

Craig Nelthorpe 2k

Finished 8th first season, well over my wage budget in 2nd don't think i'll be promoted this season neither. Although still early days I have drawn 6 of my first 8 and won 2. Still undefeated but very boring team lol.

Regards,

James

End of 3rd season, got promoted via play-offs, knocked out of FA Cup 4th round, League Cup 4th round and failed horribly in Johnston Paint. No notable signings this season, but a lot of regens came through this year, was also slightly over my wage budget after I had to offer one of my strikers a new deal after I turned down an approach from Liverpool.

Giggs & Solano also retired, and I had to let go of Chopra as his form was amazing over past 2 seasons and at 30 I couldnt keep hold of him without him loosing any value. (As I need all the money I can get for wages). Francis Jeffers is out of contract and available to sign (only wants 6k a week wages) but I'm not sure if he'll get a run out as my regen strikers are really showing good form so might leave him. (edit* went to sign him but he isn't interested so that solved that dilemer)

First game in against Plymouth at home won 3-1, I think I have enough youth now to push me towards the prem, hopefully form will continue for back to back promotion.

Nice mate, I haven't managed to sign any big name players yet my out of contract players available are horrible!

How do you find the regens? shortlist every player in your first season to reveal them or another way?

Also: Finished my 2nd season and came 2nd in the league and won the Play-Offs as well as winning the FA Trophy! Roll on League 2!

Regards,

James

End of the 4th season was promoted to Championship after finishing 2nd in League 1.

Had some big clubs snap up some of my regens, think I made in the region of around 30mil at start of the transfer window. Pumped that back into wages and will look at this years released players / regens to strengthen my squad. The board wants me to fight for survival, I've taken a gamble and said play-offs as its a huge step upto the Championship from League 1, and with the loss of some key players I really need to work hard on getting them wonderkids this year.

Comedy News: Kaka is surplus to requirements and Real want a measley 600k for him, unfortunately he is a greedy bench warmer as I can't match his 200k wage demands :D

So far still at 0 spend, so going good

End of 5th season and secured automatic promotion the the Prem with a nail biting end to the season, there was 9 teams all fighting on the last day with goal difference for 2nd - 6th place, luckily my last game of the season was Huddesfield who came up with me but didn't do aswell, I got a comfatable 3-0 win which put me into 2nd

Start of 6th season, 1st day in the Prem, I dont think i'll take the prem by storm this year, I was getting destroyed year after year in the League and FA Cup by prem teams, I've also managed to shift some players leaving there prime, netting a cool 60 mil so far. My wage budget has gone upto 600k with all the big sales from the past few seasons, and I have even picked up Torres on a free for a measley 12k a week. Regens obviously been coming and going depending how they react to intense trainign sessions.

Told the board I would have a respectable position this year, will report back mid season as its the final step iof the challenege

End of 6th season (the first in the EPL), came a respectable 10th in my first season at the top, and made a cool 84mil from selling on my regens, I have a wage budget the size of Man Utd now entering the 7th season with 80k a week available to offer players. Unfortunately I picked up Gareth Barry who was being offered out for free, although I atained him for zero i was hit with a 130k fee for the remainder of his contract which has now shown as a spend...gutted

Still technically havnt spent anything as of yet.

Start of 7th is looking good, picked up Mesut Ozil who was out of contract, offered him 45k and he accepted! Have a good feeling about this year, think this good be the year

End of 7th (2nd in EPL), finished a respectable 5th, had my first choice keeper out for 4months though which didn't help and leaked alot of goals with my 2nd choice. Havn't really picked up any notable players this year, hopefully will be able to keep fitness levels high and look at challenging for the title this year.

Archived