FMH PSP Players

What players do you tend to buy at the start of your games?

I started a game with Newcastle and signed the following:

Richard Sukutu-Pasu

Franco Zuculini

Marco Verratti

Khaleem Hyland

Herold Goulon

Connor Wickham

- as you can tell I like to concentrate on youth.

Regards,

James

Yeah I got him on my QPR game he got into the England squad there too, is their no keeper better?

- James

David De Gea, but to be honest you would have to fork out a fair amount for him, if you want to stay cheap stick with Smithies, if you have a bit of cash to splash around get De Gea

Playing as Newcastle atm so haven't really got the money, having to use Forster atm. What tactics do you use?

- James

search for a couple of my threads "Super Burnley" & "Bishop Stortford's road to the prem"

there is alot of info on tactics, stratergy, buying guides, when to buy, when to sell, when to loan etc etc, if you cant find them let me know i'll do a 10min copy paste for ya

Wow! I'm rather jealous of ol' Alberto and Dale Hall.

But, I haven't had any luck with regens on FM 2011 so far. :(

Does anyone have any tips for finding the (best) regens? Because it seems alot different from 2010.

Best tip is in the first season dont buy anyone just loan your way through the season, in the mean time you want to shortlist every single 0 - 21 player (this takes a long time but is worth it), after that you will have every 0 - 21 highlighted in green. Around June - September check the 0-21 search again, you will find that the new players (regens) are easy to spot as they wont be on your shortlist thus not highlighted in green. Never use your scouts, they are useless, just look out for potential star players yourself, regens will never cost more than 1mil so even if they turn out to be **** you'll be able to offload them for 4 - 8 mil a few years down the line. Once you have bought 10 - 15 + players drop most of them in reserves, keep them in reserves training till Jan. The ones who are complaining at intense training sell, the ones who arnt loan out for rest of season. After your second season you'll start rotating them into your squad as wonderkids, then sit back as the Dale Halls, Alberto Mohammeds rip apart what ever league you are in. Anything else I can help with give me a shout.

Chris are your cm's attacking or defensive. Also do you use any kind training routines?

I use intensive training, generally I never spend more than 1mil on players, complete youth policy, I generally play with AMC's, however I do have 1 DMC and 1 MC which rotate in and out.

With training anyone who complains the training is too intense I generally get rid of, as they will never amount to anything special.

Do your star regens have brilliant stats when they enter the game? I've had some youth players come up into my squad with awesome stats and currently I don't really play them - were your guys brilliant straight away or did the intensive training give them those stats?

I tend to buy them if I believe they have potential for example this guy I just recently purchased from York for 33k

img0195.png

His Stam and Strength are low for a full back but his other stats are impressive, He addapted well to intensive training so I loaned him out for 6 months to get some game experience, when hes back in Jan he'll do 6months solide training in reserves, a year down the line he'll be a brick wall in my defence

This next fella was purchased for 25k from Northampton 3 years ago

img0196m.png

His stats were ok much like the above, he did a year of intensive training then was loaned out for the last 2 seasons for game experience, he is currently on loan till the end of the season at which point he will be a first team player for sure

And this chap was recently promoted from my Youth Academy...and Jesus Christ he is going to be the best player Scotland has ever seen, just look at his stats! at the ripe age of 15!!!!

img0197i.png

I dont allow myself to buy the same players over and over but shocked nobody mentioned Waldo Ponce you can get him for 650k at the start of the games. The guy is plain class brilliant mentality stats. A player you can get on good wages 5k a week good.

Archived