The 2011-2012 Manchester United thread - We've got our trophy back

BBB

Fixtures here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/fixtures/default.stm

October :eek:

City away on the 28th but a relatively easy run in bar that, first 10 games aren't the easiest, win those and it puts us in good stead for Number 20..

Current playing squad

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/squad_profiles/default.stm

Transfers IN

Phil Jones - Blackburn Rovers - Undisclosed Fee (believed to be £16.5m plus a few add ons)

Ashley Young/David De Gea appear to be done. Whilst we're expected to put in a bid for Luka Modric in after Chelsea's was rejected, also heavily linked with Alexis Sanchez and the media suggests that Gill has met with his people over the last week to discuss a deal.

Transfers OUT/retirees

Owen Hargreaves, Edwin Van Der Sar, Paul Scholes, Bebe (Besiktas loan for a season, hopefully will stay there and never come back), Corry Evans (Hull on a permanent deal),

Let the madness commence.

• Replies 15.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fixtures list isn't allowed I don't think.

No problem with beebs doing it, depends whether he's likely to actually post.

Goon, Cartman and Leppard posted in the last one more than he did.

Fixture list isn't allowed, merely started this as I started the last one and we clearly won the league :cool:

Good opener BBB, 20 here we come.

Looking at the last thread post numbers Icelander posted more than 1000 more posts than me, gonna close the gap in this thread.

Fixtures list isn't allowed I don't think.

No problem with beebs doing it, depends whether he's likely to actually post.

Goon, Cartman and Leppard posted in the last one more than he did.

In that case delete this thread and let me make it

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't see the new thread. Will try and post in this one more as i'm a massive fan but haven't really ever posted in the Utd thread since i've been here.

Guy in the last thread asked to post a starting XI if we signed Sneijder but it's not really worth it with Sir Alex's rotation policy, we just need this type of player to come in at the moment. With Scholes going and Giggs on the way out, the extra quality it gives us is great. Not to mention he is a world class player anyway.

Right then.

Sad to see John O'Shea and Wes Brown go. Can understand Wes going tbf, but very disappointed and surprised to see JOS go. Always been more than capable of doing a good job for us in several positions and thought he would be with us for life.

Very excited about the potential of De Gea. Less excited about the signing of Young, just really not convinced he is close to good enough for us. Perhaps I just haven't seen enough of him? Jones and Smalling could be an amazing partnership for many years to come so happy with the Jones signing.

Would be nice to get someone like Nasri though, think he is just the sort of player we are missing who can unlock a defence and cause endless trouble. Modric not an option as he has made it clear he wants to play for Chelsea. No taste these foreigners :(

Yeah i'm surprised at JOS going. Don't have the numbers but seemed like he got alot of games last year, and probably would have this season aswell with the twins being made out of glass.

Modric to Chelsea

Nasri to City

Sneijder to stay with Inter. So we need to find someone else.

First games on Thursday 1am btw.

The thing with O'Shea is, that he was always worth more to us than what we could actually get for selling him. Good luck to him and Wes though.

I think Young is good enough, maybe a bit on the expensive side with only having a year left, but the quality in squad depth we have with these signings is amazing

Oh yeah, forgot all about the new signings and such :D

The De Gea signing has been keeping my giddy since being confirmed :thup: Absolutely livid that Gibbo hasn't signed for Sunderland yet, of the three he was (obviously) I wanted to get rid of the most, by a long, long distance.

Like the Jones purchase, solid long term signing imo. Young will be good too, pretty sure of that. Will need to make a step up but I don't see any reason for him not doing that tbf

Guest Lee7947
Less excited about the signing of Young, just really not convinced he is close to good enough for us. Perhaps I just haven't seen enough of him? Jones and Smalling could be an amazing partnership for many years to come so happy with the Jones signing.:(

I don't think Young is good enough. but people said the same about Valencia though, so you never know. Looking forward to seeing Jones in action, he looks a brilliant prospect. Not seen much of De Gea to judge, but from what i have heard he is brilliant for his age. I've seen some saves and he looks good.

Would love to see us get a creative midfelder. I think it's going to be Nasri. Sneijder and Modric look to expensive. Prefer Sneijder over Nasri tbh.

Longest. Week. Ever.

Thank god this is back, my life has been empty since the forums went down :D

Haha, they lied to us! I thought a week was going to be too long.

Very happy with the three signings so far, really think WS is next. Dont really want Modric or Nasri.

Good luck to JOS and Wesley.

First game of pre season thursday morning, so football and the forums are BACK baby!

think he is a bit too like what we already have, carrick and fletch can keep the game ticking along, keep possession.

Modric isn't very attacked minded, which is what we need. Nasri would fit the bill better, but I don't like him.

Not overly excited about the Young signing. Don't mind which of Nasri or Sneijder we get, as long as we get one of them.

Loving the massive lag on this quick reply box. About 20 seconds from me typing something to it actually appearing in the box :thup:

Oh and went a watched the reserves play yesterday, Morison scored a class goal after skinning a few players and drilled one in with his left foot. Larnell Cole was also pretty good, Pogba just looked like he oozes class. Got great skill considering his size (massive compared to the rest of the youth team :D).

Young is an excellent player, better than Nani imo.

I would have Sneijder over Modric. A problem last season was the lack of goals from midfield, Sneijder would help solve that although I don't see either deal happening tbh.

It's been weird not being able to come on here!

In regards to the Brown and O'Shea sales, I think it was right to let Wes go, but wrong to let O'Shea go, simply becuase he is a great squad player, he is the first name on thesubs bench every game and he never lets you down when he plays.

In regards to the signings of De Gea, Jones and Young, I am happy with all three, think they will all do very well at the club. We still need a creative CM though, which is a bit concerning.

Archived