Playing with injections

Just wondering how long I can make a player play through the pain for without any ill effects? Got my young striker to take an injection as I only had one fit striker for a cup final, then got him to take another as the league entered the play off phase and my other striker was knackered. He has a twisted ankle btw but there are only 5 more games till the end of the season over a course of three weeks.

It depends on the injury. When the player gets the injury the physio will ask you how you want the player to be treated along with the amount of time the player will be out for depending upon the choice you select.

Just wondering how long I can make a player play through the pain for without any ill effects? Got my young striker to take an injection as I only had one fit striker for a cup final, then got him to take another as the league entered the play off phase and my other striker was knackered. He has a twisted ankle btw but there are only 5 more games till the end of the season over a course of three weeks.

Personally, I've never given a player an injection - it will only aggravate the injury and may cause the problem to come back in the future. Long term benefits far, far exceed the short term benefits.

So, to answer your question, I don't believe you can ever give an injection without (at least the risk of) ill effects, which is enough to persuade me not to give them.

asking an injured player to play matches can cause him to not like you...

This isn't for certain - players with certain personalities may be happy to take injections. It is a risk, though, especially with multiple injections.

It is a risk asking a player to take an injection once. It is a much greater risk if you do it more than once and not recommended- it can cause serious injury and player/squad unrest, depending on the players of course.

I think there's also a longer recovery time, I've only ever done so once or twice years back, for the 'key player for key game' reason, but now only would if there wasn't an available replacement for the upcoming game but one was fit/over a suspension for the game afterwards, which has only happened once if at all.

playing though injuries with injections is something that is VERY common IRL... specially towards the end of the season when matches come thick and fast and carry more importance...

but on FM? i've never given a player an injection!

playing though injuries with injections is something that is VERY common IRL... specially towards the end of the season when matches come thick and fast and carry more importance...

but on FM? i've never given a player an injection!

it is common IRL but most times it's the player's choice not the manager's... perhaps the feature could be changed to the player offering to have an injection rather than us telling him to have one...

it is common IRL but most times it's the player's choice not the manager's... perhaps the feature could be changed to the player offering to have an injection rather than us telling him to have one...

oh yeah, i was just trying to say that it happens IRL way more than it does on FM!

and yeah, i like that idea...and as much as i don't like the guy, you could see John Terry do that kind of thing!

Archived