negotiations

i think i saw dis yesterday on the internet that barcelona are in talks with sanchez and his representatives or agent i dont know about him coming to the club but no transfer fee has been agreed between the clubs.

So im asking would it be good idea if you can approach a player who has a desire to leave his club or feels he needs a new challenge without having to put a transfer fee first

This would be good, as contracts are often sorted out before fees in transfers where the player is unhappy or wants to leave for a bigger club. This would be much more realistic as managers may be more inclined to sell there stars to bigger clubs if things work out this way. I would hate to be a manager that would just point blank refuse transfers if the player wanted to go :/ for me this is definately something that should be added!

its a dodgy area, on one hand that could be seen as tapping up, technically a player cannot enter negotiations with another team unless a fee has been agreed and the parent club have let the other team talk to their player, i dont think SI will go down that route at all.

IRL a club only needs permission to approach, there doesn't need to have been an agreed fee first. On FM the only way to get permission is to agree a fee.. I'd love to see a "request permission to talk" option on players who are transfer-listed, if you can agree terms then there needs to be a sensible negotiation module that will allow interested clubs to sign players that are no longer required by/no longer want to be at their current clubs.

good idea :thup:

Archived