A.I Managers transfer targets

Not sure how much form comes into it, I think the player has to have a high rep and high ability then if they are playing well there is more interest. I have had a low rep player with low ability score 65 goals in one season and there has been no interest at all in real life a player scoring 65 goals in League Two would attract interest from teams a couple of divisions higher.

Form and attributes is the main source of the target. When a player is playing really well, bigger clubs will become interested and want him. Also when a player is out of favour at a club, other clubs will become interested as they may be able to get him cheaper, and he will be more inclined to leave.

Reputation and CA/PA the AI doesn't look at individual attributes.

Reputation leads to players being short listed by AI clubs. A good run of form can increase a players reputation and make clubs start bidding. Likewise spending a year in the reserves lowers reputation and can lead to a player being on the transfer list with no interest.

CA/PA clubs bid on players who are on average better then what they have and CA/PA is a broad measure of how good players are. Presumably the AI has a margin of error when determining players CA/PA. Because CA is not a very accurate indication of how well a player can perform the AI frequently overlooks players with low CA but very good attributes for their position in favor of higher CA players with worse attributes and performances.

The AI managers are created to each use certain tactics and formations but because they don't look at attributes they frequently buy players poorly suited to their tactics. As well as overlooking much better players who do not fit into their preferred formations.

Archived