Tactics Creator and Classic Tactics Combined

I posted this on the tactics board but didnt get any reaction to it so I thought i'd put up here.

I still love classic tactics, but I do like the way the TC tactics are set up and how the shouts work. The problem I have is that it is almost forcing you to play within SI way of playing the game.

What I am proposing is for us to be able to set up shouts and tactical systems in the same manner as the TC.

For example. The TC has 5 strategies and when changed the tactcical settings are automtically adjusted, these amounts are preset by SI. These same settings/options should be available for the classic tactics users, where instead of the automatic changes we specify the individual strategies. Basically it is a more convenient way of saving say 3 or 4 tactics (which is what most classic tactics creators will have). These should all be saved under 1 tactic and available via shouts just as the TC strategies are. So when we change to an attcking stategy via a shout it is basically loading a saved tactic.

Going a step further we should be able to set up our own shouts. Just like the TC tactics but instead of SI determining what values these shouts change we should be able to tailor them to our own unique needs. We could possibly even link them or set up a macro. So I could set up a shout that pushed my defensive line up by 7 clicks, but drops my DCs Mentality to say 5.

This sort of flexibility would be brilliant, Im sure im not alone when I consistantly find myslef make the same sort of changes when certain scenarios appear. A shout for these scenarios would be brilliant.

I know it can all be done under the normal tactical view, but I think it would be a good way of streamlining the tactical set up, especially for us classic users. At the very minimum, something as simple as a keyboard shortcut to load a pre defined tactic would also be massively helpful.

As good as the TC is, I just hope us Classic users dont get left behind!

I like it :thup:

I too use classic tactics and it frustrates me that to make changes like a shout would do I have to spend a few minutes a time changing player's individual settings even though pre-TC we had to do it anyway...

I agree totally and have posted this several times myself. Just to expand a little bit:

I'd like to be able to set instructions both in absolute terms (DMC has a mentality of 7) and relative terms (my DC has a mentality which is team mentality -3) - both using shouts/macros and when defining tactics themselves. In a tactic, settings would simply be relative to the team settings.

You should be able to adjust all settings in both relative and absolute terms e.g.:

Raise/lower team/player mentality by x

Set team/player mentality to x

If I change a team setting manually or using a macro, the relative player settings should update accordingly - an easy way of for example increasing everyone's mentality by 1 except for say your DM. If I specify absolute values in a macro for a specific player, these obviously should override the player's default settings.

It would also be important to allow user-defined shouts/macros to be shared with other users.

Well it's something that the TC suffers from aswell. You make a manual change to a slider and it's permanent no matter which strategy. It is something that would benefit but the TC and classic users.

When I initially heard and first tried the TC I was excited as I thought it was going to work the way I mentioned above. Despite the TC being a brilliant introduction, I have to admit I was dissapointed when it didnt work the way I thought it would!

Archived