Computer for Football Manager

I have £3000 to spend on a new computer.

I'm hoping to run every league in the game with the English leagues to level 11 along with the largest possible database, which I believe has about 750000 players.

What components would I be looking at buying in order to run all this avoiding crazy long processing time and crash dumps while remaining in budget? I can go up to £4000 if there'll be a worthwhile improvement.

Are you saying I should ask there? I've had a look through but can't see anything that really answers my question. I really want the maximum number of players possible, which isn't something that's addressed in the thread as the focus is more on the number of leagues. When the player count is stated is pretty low, only at about 100000, which isn't enough for me.

I've heard that FM has some sort of caps on how much processing speed and RAM can be allotted to it, but I don't know whether it's true or not.

I'm well aware that £4000 is way more than enough to run the game, but which components should I be buying in order to have the game still running relatively quickly say 10 seasons in with all those leagues and players? I've always found that processing in FM (and the CMs before) is considerably slower than I would expect it to be on all the machines I've ever owned, so I don't know if this would still be an issue on a crazy machine.

Are you saying I should ask there? I've had a look through but can't see anything that really answers my question. I really want the maximum number of players possible, which isn't something that's addressed in the thread as the focus is more on the number of leagues. When the player count is stated is pretty low, only at about 100000, which isn't enough for me.

I've heard that FM has some sort of caps on how much processing speed and RAM can be allotted to it, but I don't know whether it's true or not.

I'm well aware that £4000 is way more than enough to run the game, but which components should I be buying in order to have the game still running relatively quickly say 10 seasons in with all those leagues and players? I've always found that processing in FM (and the CMs before) is considerably slower than I would expect it to be on all the machines I've ever owned, so I don't know if this would still be an issue on a crazy machine.

Well if you read even just a page of that thread, you will get the general idea of what people are asking. Most questions are how many leagues will (insert spec here) run, and its answered. There are usually prices aswell. You will see that an £800 computer is more than good enough to load a lot of leagues and players. Spending 3-4k really isnt needed. So yes, ask there. If there isnt anything that already answers your question then ask it :thup:

Archived