Assistant Mgr not able to set "Opposition Instructions"

I am still on FM2010 but last season my Ass MAnager was able to set the opposition instructions, before the match, for weaker foot, closing down etc.

I have a new Ass manager and I am sure he was able to do so for the first couple of friendlies but now when I am on the Opp Instrucitons screen the "Ask Assistant" button has been greyed out and I have to do it manually.

I dont remember changing any of the settings - does anyone know how I can change this?

Thanks

Check your new Assistant's 'Tactical Knowledge' rating. If it's too low he will not provide any input on how to deal with individual opponents, nor apply any instructions.

His tactical knowledge is 8, which for Level 9 football is good, and I am sure he did it already....

It shouldn't have anything to do with preferred formation as my last Ass Mgr gave instructions whichever formation I played.

For this one it is just greyed out.

Has this occurred only once? And is the friendly against very weak opposition? If so that happens to me to, I think if the opposition players are extremely weak, the ass man doesn't bother with stuff like 'show to weaker foot', because the gulf in class is so huge that it won't make a significant difference.

More to do with your assistant's attributes.

As Boltman said, his Tactical Knowledge will be an important factor. Usually in the lower leagues, I try to get an assistant who's in the double figures for that attribute.

Additional attributes to look for in an assistant, when it comes to help with the suggestions and advice they can provide, will be Man Management and Motivation. I also like them to have good Judging Player Ability.

Archived