Contract Expiry for a 22 yo

I bought a wide man at 18, now he's 22 and not signing a new contract that is better than his existing one. He says he's enthusiastic about his future at the club nut can he legally walk? If he stays will a fee be given if someone signs him up?

I bought a wide man at 18, now he's 22 and not signing a new contract that is better than his existing one. He says he's enthusiastic about his future at the club nut can he legally walk? If he stays will a fee be given if someone signs him up?

I am pretty sure that you get compensation if they sign him ... but not if his contract runs out and he leaves your club.

Then you lose him. You only get compensation if the player is still under contract with you and accepts a contract from another club after you have already offered him a contract of equal or greater value to his previous one.

Then you lose him. You only get compensation if the player is still under contract with you and accepts a contract from another club after you have already offered him a contract of equal or greater value to his previous one.

This never happens in FM! (or I've never seen it happen in all the years that I've been playing it...)

Archived