Do you use the FMRTE? If so, why do you use it?

I've always been interested to find out when people use the FMRTE so what better place to ask this question than on this forum ay!

Have you desperatly needed to use it?

Also, share your thoughts on why you think people should use it if they don't do already.

Only things I've used it for are changing your relations with a club when you've won loads of stuff but then resign to go somewhere else and become the most hated person on their list.... or changing team text colours slightly when its a combination that isn't very easy on the eyes.

How did it ruin the save?

I've used it to check my pitch condition because for some reason it doesn't show up on the info screen in-game. But in FMTRE it says "pitch condition = 0" and despite board requests they refuse to relay the pitch... Not quite sure if thats a bug or the board couldn't give a hoot. But I shall endure (I refuse to edit any values with it in any case.) Oh and I quite enjoyed checking my own apparent "likes person" and "dislikes person".

I'm surprised to find I favour two people and hate one... O_o Don't know how that works out (the two are players in any case).

Nah, I'll normally use it for a muckabout game in the latter months of an FM, but having downloaded it once to 'correct' something on FM09 it pretty much became to tempting to chop and change everything you didn't like.

Before you know it you are justifying all kinds of meddling to yourself and the game becomes dull, challengeless and frankly disinteresting.

Used it once (FM12) to correct the bug regarding the home-grown player status when registering for the champions league. Even that came close to spoiling the game for me as i had to look at the CA/PA of the players I wanted to change the status of. I really don't like to know the CA/PA of my players or any other hidden info for that matter.

I use it to follow the development of players for longer periods of time - I wish I could see a yearly graph in the training overview in addition to a monthly one. I've also used it to investigate some of the game mechanics.

In a much earlier version I used a save game editor to "fix" my game. Back then you'd be forced at times to build a new stadium after promotion, which essentially bankrupted many smaller clubs - it cost me 100-and-something million pounds for a 38,000 stadium, leaving my club with a debt of around 80-100m. The upshot of this was that your chairman would sell all your players for peanuts and the game was basically ruined. To prevent this, I halved the stadium size and costs to ensure the game remained playable. I had absolutely no transfer budget but at least I had a team.

Used it once (FM12) to correct the bug regarding the home-grown player status when registering for the champions league. Even that came close to spoiling the game for me as i had to look at the CA/PA of the players I wanted to change the status of. I really don't like to know the CA/PA of my players or any other hidden info for that matter.

Are there any more bugs we should know about in FM12? :D

In my most recent save I used it to give any club who were taken over by a Supporters' Trust a sugar daddy. It's the most effective way I could come up with to make beating the other teams in Hungary anything close to a challenge for me.

Have to use it if you plan on coaching an MLS side, otherwise the newgens that are available for the draft are completely worthless (as in the other teams in the league will dump them right after picking them.) Outside of that, I've been studying why some coaches are getting worse at their jobs (my GK coach was actually getting worse at coaching keepers) despite their CA increasing.

It annoys me that I saw the CA/PA of some of my players too, when going in giving a couple of players natural position after having trained at it and played in it for two and a half years at Accomplished. I find that silly and unrealistic.

However, I know that it doesn't really mean much. The real ability of a player is what he does on the pitch, not how high that number is. The star ratings (and report) by a good assistant is a good enough indicator of ability.

Edit: for the record, I have also used FMRTE to give a sugar daddy to a small club in the Second Division B (Spain), and to try getting my B-team into that division as well. I haven't managed to do so, though, which is disappointing.

never even crossed my mind to use it, i paid money to buy the game, sure there are hiccups but i can live with them! why find out a players pa/ca and ruin the whole point of the game! i enjoy more the finding players and developing them to full potential than i do actual matches! each to there own though i say!

I have to use it because my money is not enough to buy a game that working as i like. I almost convinced I saw FMRTE logo in the game intro because the game company has to rely on them to fix what they're not willing to, but turn out I'm wrong.

I use it to:

* Fix db issues I didn't notice during the initial db revision... (ie. some players are ridicously overrated for my tastes, so I tone them down accordingly)

* occasionally give the "right" position to newgens with odd attributes distribution (eg. the 6"6 winger who should be a target man, or the uber-slow fullback who's clearly a centerback)

* fix club reputation that makes no sense, even in the gameworld (eg. Estudiantes LP somehow got a rep of 9200 despite having just won a Copa Sudamericana in 10 seasons)

* solve unrealistic situations involving agents... like the 24yo unattached guy who didn't want to negotiate with Chelsea for whatever silly readon.

* decrease reputation of managers who have been sacked time and again

* alter my club's kits and colours for cosmetic/visual reasons

As you can see, there isn't a lot of cheating here... just "gameworld balance"... Then again if you think just interfering with the game, even when the game makes ZERO SENSE, is cheating, I don't know what to say...

Used it to amend the attendances for my club. Was not getting enough fans through the gate, FM had not recognised how far my club had progressed over the last 10 years. It was not reasonable for a Top 6 Premiership club and EURO qualifier to still be getting League One attendances. This, in turn, helped me get approval for a new stadium build.

i use it for editing things like RB says, for fixing any little bugs i come across that can be fixed. I use it to stop the good players from my league getting poached from abroad, mostly my main rivals star players, giving retiring players better staff attributes if i want too and various other things.

I personally dont really care if its seen as cheating or anything, my game, my rules :)

I only used FMRTE once, which was used solely for a quick fix regarding one player. I don't remember what it exactly was about.

Currently I am considering of using FMRTE again. I'm six seasons in game and I don't have much of a challenge left inside my own country, which is kinda disappointing. I already have two managers going in the same country and I'm prepared to leave one of them as soon as I have won the title once. But I would like a little bigger of a challenge now domestic. I am also considering of changing my chairman of one of my clubs I am currently managing... I happen to know that man IRL and I can't stand him. I never even expected that he would take over my club.

I also love to manage 'tiny' football countries like San Marino, Faroe Islands and others like that. Unfortunately I always think of such things long after I picked my leagues. San Marino, Faroe Islands and the like don't have near enough players to become manageable while some other countries have plenty (like Denmark and Sweden) while I don't even have them loaded. I was thinking of swapping some nationalities to make those countries manageable.

I use it quite extensively because I'm the sort of person who likes to have more information (yes, I know some attributes are masked for a reason, and this makes the game less challenging, etc) and to understand the mechanics of the game better.

I use it mainly to remove parts of the game that are annoying and not fun to me (no complaints pls about how this is cheating) eg:

- Unrealistic wage demands - I give it a couple of gos, if it's impossible to agree something realistic I just agree to whatever and edit it to what I feel is realistic. I don't find haggling with agents or reloading this fun. This is for extensions for my current squad players, for buying players if the contract isn't realistic I just don't buy them.

- Unrealistic transfer fees. On 11.2 it seems all but impossible to sell a player for above his stated value (whereas AI players easily go for 2X or 3X the value.) I simply edit their value with FMRTE to what I consider in line with the AI market (what I've seen AI players of the same calibre sold for) and sell him at that value.

I also use it to:

- Check how well my training and tutoring is working in terms of attribute changes

- Scout players

But I don't use it to:

- Alter transfer funds (yes, I know changing wage and player values has impact here, of course)

- Alter player attributes

I occasionally use it to check my own players hidden attributes like professionalism in stead of using their personality and media handling to judge it. A manager should know how professional a player is or how he generally reacts under pressure. I never used it to change something though. Made a custom view in FMRTE to only show those attributes so I don't accidentally see anything else.

Having seen mention of it in the forums I got curious so I downloaded it, looked at one of my saves with it, decided it was too complicated for my old brain, and never used it again... (it's still installed fwiw but the version I have is for 11.2 anyway and I'm using 11.3 and a different save)

I don't actually have it and I feel that if I download it then I wont be able to resist checking what players CA and PA is and it will end up spiralling out of control and I'll just end up casually cheating and any success I manage to win wont bring me as much as happiness as it would have done :\

never downloaded it to be honest. Im not one to complain about minor bugs i just get on with it.

I was managing Liverpool and Italy and had withdrew a load of my players from friendlies in either Feb/Mar (near to champs league fix)

I didn't notice they had stayed withdrawn until it came to the time to select my Italy squad for the European Championships and I was unable to select Chiellini and Balotelli (my 2 Italians at Liverpool) also the likes of Torres had not been called up for their national squads. In Torres in particular this had a big effect on morale.

I also enjoy seeing my players doing well for their countries and dont see why i shouldnt be able to if it is easily fixed.

read about it on here, downloaded it, ruined a save then deleted it...

it just made the whole game too easy and completely ruined the authenticity of being a manager...the save kind of instantly got boring...

however, i have re dowdloaded it from time to time to fix things...i.e changing colour schemes for kits etc to keep the aesthetics fresh! then i just delete it again!

read about it on here, downloaded it, ruined a save then deleted it...

it just made the whole game too easy and completely ruined the authenticity of being a manager...the save kind of instantly got boring...

however, i have re dowdloaded it from time to time to fix things...i.e changing colour schemes for kits etc to keep the aesthetics fresh! then i just delete it again!

Bet you end up downloading it again ;)

I will not read all the posts up to mine in order not to read anything that would mean people fighting over who is and who is not cheating. I will just tell you my answer so to help you with your question.

I have used fmrte in 2 situations.

1) for scouting reasons (before genie scout had a version compatible with the newest patches)

2) for colour changing purposes

I use it because the money side of the game is crazy, even playing Arsenal 15mil doesn't buy **** and the wages are crazy. By giving myself trillions I can have fun, which this game now lacks.

When you win trophies does it actually mean anything as you have given yourself loads of money? If you won trophies with the little money you were given I'm sure the buzz you'd get would be 100x better than it is at the moment.

When you win trophies does it actually mean anything as you have given yourself loads of money? If you won trophies with the little money you were given I'm sure the buzz you'd get would be 100x better than it is at the moment.

Mate, hardly play it these days however it has been said in the past people can play the game as they wish. The topic is about an editor. Everyone cheats at some stage, most say they don't and the ones that inform they do get negative comments from others. If the game wasn't so flawed people wouldn't be having to use editors. When I see posts of people in the 1st season with players that normally they couldn't buy you know they have used an editor, yet when asked deny it. I haven't finished a season since CM01/02. Fun factor went out the door years ago. Lots of people use editors, only a small few admit using them, me being one.

Cheers

I use it to fix issues i come across in the game, like newgen players given positions I don't want - like MR or ML, or sweeper, i never use these so I change them to MRC or MLC or DC (just saves time over training them..). And as I have 3 centre midfielders in my 4-3-1-2 formation, but the wide ones are Bale and Lennon so I change their position slightly so it's not not a totally foreign position to them. In reality it isn't, but the game sees it as centre midfielder.

I also don't like having loads and loads of favoured players on my club information screen so i remove some of those. Score a hat trick in a game, become a favoured player, it annoys me. Fans get upset when you sell some fringe player who had 1 or 2 good games.

I also use it to fix the odd injury - career threatening or when I have too many players injured at once and can't field a full squad (it also puts my U18 players as ineligible so I can't use them). I cure injuries for players at other clubs too. Also when a team goes into administration I give them some money. When I am 3 or 4 seasons into a game I use it to search for good regens. And for new coaches when mine decide they don't want to negotiate a new contract. And I will change my own reputation, lower usually, because after a season or two I think it's too high, same for my own salary.. it's 'dead' money and in the game I can't accept a lower salary than the one they offer, so I change it.

It doesn't ruin the game for me. It's my game, i'll play it how I like. Some of the things the game naturally does annoys me more.

Never downloaded it - can live with the game as it is - doesn't really bother me the bugs and all that (although I do usually wait until the 3rd patch now before buying). If I did use it it wouldn't be cheating in my eyes - just playing the game in that way - I'm not really bothered about what others do with their saves.

On FM10, I use it to edit regens slightly, so that the game doesn't end up with all central defenders having a maximum jumping attribute of 10 after a few years, plus a slight increase on defenders' pace which also is a little too low on regens.

I mass-edit though, so it isn't just my players who get the increase, its all of them with a PA of about 80 upwards (on a sliding scale), so I still don't know which defenders in the game have a high PA and which don't, as I never see any names or clubs etc.

i used it once when I signed Mexican Striker Guarch (real player) on a free transfer at age 27, only to have him quit the team 1 day after he joined (some weird contract termination thing with free transfers), and then he wouldn't negotiate with me when I tried to sign him again. Palermo then beat rest of the teams and sign him as a free agent... and his estimate value was $20 million.... :(

I use it because the money side of the game is crazy, even playing Arsenal 15mil doesn't buy **** and the wages are crazy. By giving myself trillions I can have fun, which this game now lacks.
you already get unrealistic amounts of money with Arsenal, i have played 2 and a half session, and if i max the transfer funds I have £158m to spend, money i will probably never end up using anyway, it would feel just as filthy to to spend more on players then I sell for (if i play any club apart maybe from Athletic where the basque restrictions limit options when it comes to signing players), as using FMRT would

Mate, hardly play it these days however it has been said in the past people can play the game as they wish. The topic is about an editor. Everyone cheats at some stage, most say they don't and the ones that inform they do get negative comments from others. If the game wasn't so flawed people wouldn't be having to use editors. When I see posts of people in the 1st season with players that normally they couldn't buy you know they have used an editor, yet when asked deny it. I haven't finished a season since CM01/02. Fun factor went out the door years ago. Lots of people use editors, only a small few admit using them, me being one.

Cheers

You shouldn't tar everybody with your own brush, everybody doesn't cheat at some stage.

Many do but I for one have never "cheated" in anyway.

You shouldn't tar everybody with your own brush, everybody doesn't cheat at some stage.

Many do but I for one have never "cheated" in anyway.

problem with posts is they always come out sounding wrong. What I can tell you is the site (link) i downloaded the editor from had over 69,000 downloads, thats a lot of people using this editor. Without getting into a heated argument with you over this, you mean you have never reloaded a game, looked up a walkthrough, used a save game editor or trainer. Hats of to you then. As I said it has been said before "people can play the game how they see fit" and just under 70,000 people are. Rest my case.

Used it to relagate Man United once cause I hate them

And I dont see why people hype about how other people play the game, its not like they used your money to buy the game. If someone enjoys changing a few things to make their game enjoyable for them, then let them. They didnt buy the game to be told how to play it

I use it to experiment. My current game with AFC Wimbledon is an experiment at the moment. I gave of their regen players for 2 seasons high PA(170-200), and a high progress rate due to good personality states, to see how quickly they could progress up the leagues, I took control of them to make sure they didn't sell anyone, though I've holidayed it mostly. I've also given Barnet nearly a billion quid, to see how effective they can be with their spending. Also, I decided to bankrupt a big team, settled on Man Utd, took ages of giving them -800000000 cash, then when they get a loan, make the loan bigger and payable back within months not years, then repeating when they got a new loan. To be fair, they had to sell off a lot of players but they've stablised quickly in the top 10, Rooney went to Barcelona though.

With my Wimbledon team though, they're currently in the prem(I've decided to actually manage them this season), and they're doing very well. It's showing me that while most of them have CA's in the 120-130 range by this point(some are about 150-160), their personality and a few other stats like determination matter a huge amount, it's better to have a settled team of focused players who aren't as good, than a team of big players thrown together.

Things like this are what I enjoy, I like to see what the game mechanics can to. I won't take any real credit for this save if I get AFC Wimbledon to win the CL final though, as I won't have really earned it. I'll save that for other saves when I don't mess around with FMRTE(except to fix bugs)

Archived