New here - Question about regens

Hello, recently bought FM 2011 and find it really addictive, currently just started my 2nd season with Porto and have come across this player in my youth team

16gxykj.png

Was wondering if his stats are good for that age and what would the be the best thing to do to? Send him out on loan? Let a first team member tutor him?

He looks quite promising, although I would send him out on loan in order to get some first-team football, which I assume he won't get at the moment. I like his mental stats, pretty big for a 15 yo.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/231684-FM11-Official-Rate-My-Regen-Thread

That's the best place to ask about regens.

However, I might as well throw in my two cents while I'm here. He looks like he could be promising, but he's too young to send out on loan. If you have a suitable tutor with over 15 determination, then tutor this guy. Don't tutor using someone with lower determination than the player you want to be tutored. Give him some strength training to get it to an acceptable level, then focus on quickness and crossing.

Bare in mind that his right foot is weak, and he can't cross. Whilst he has a lot of talent, he'll probably need to be retrained in another position- maybe attacking midfield?

Thanks for the advice, this might sound dumb but how do you train him to a different position? Im new to the game and dont know much about it

Thanks for the advice, this might sound dumb but how do you train him to a different position? Im new to the game and dont know much about it

Hit "training" below his name and you will see "New Position." Click that and choose the position you want to retrain him as.

Bare in mind that his right foot is weak, and he can't cross. Whilst he has a lot of talent, he'll probably need to be retrained in another position- maybe attacking midfield?

Are you looking at the right picture SCIAG?

Nothing wrong with his crossing, its 9 at 15yo albeit 16yo in a few gameweeks. With the right training it'll easily reach 15ish. IMO AML is his best position and he shouldn't be retrained at all.

The most important question should be "Does he have the potential to improve?" He is pretty good for 15yo but if he can't improve he'll be very average by the time he is 21yo.

Archived